My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Thursday, March 15, 2012

You Mean It's Not Over YET???



Today Josh and I was standing in the license bureau, waiting to get his truck registered and as usual, we had to wait in line. When we walked into the facility there was an older man sitting in the chairs against the wall. He asked which place were we waiting on and we told him registering and he showed us where we needed to go, like we didn't know we were just in there the day before. There was a really long line in the driver's license line, must have been the day they were giving the tests because there were a bunch of teenagers with their mom's in the line. There was a lady up at the desk getting her license renewed, she looked to be in her 80's. She missed a couple of them and the lady told her to go sit down and she'd call her when her license was done. She walks by and sits by the old guy. He goes, how many did you miss and she said only 2. He was talking to a guy in the line and that was his mom and she was 93 years old, getting her drivers license. LOL. Josh and I looked at each other like "OMG!!!" The guy was in his upper 70's and they were talking and they called out the ladies name to come get her drivers license and neither one of them could hear her. The old lady goes, did she call my name and he goes I don't know. I told them they called Ruth and he goes, that's you maw. She goes up and gets her license and he goes, come on let's go eat. Cracked us both up.

Had a really good supper. Terry cooked boneless chicken breasts outside with potatoes and asparagus. Josh and I love our fresh asparagus and Terry tried it. He looks at me and says are you sure it is good. I said I love it and he asked Josh if he liked it and he goes, YEAH!!! Josh has always loved all his veggies, mainly fresh ones except green beans. Anyway Terry tasted it and said it was like pulling up a weed out in the yard and eating it. LOL. I asked him how many weeds he's eaten out in the yard. I knew what he meant though and I told him it is a little like that, you can pick it on the side of the road where it's grown wild. The chicken was OUTSTANDING!!! Like I said, I love food cooked out on the grill. I also love that my husband likes to help me in the kitchen. Don't care what you guys say, he's a catch. :o)

Well, things are looking better as the week draws to an end. Still going to be a hell of a ride but all will be okay. Saw a good friend of mine, Josh calls her Aunt Nellie. Her and I roomed together when I came back to MO in the early 80's and she was getting a divorce. We both were waitresses at Old Cedar Inn and did we have a good time. We were in our mid 20's, the perfect age to be young and dumb. LOL. Anyway it was good seeing her today, she is like a sister to me and can we tell you some stories of our lives together.

Looks like we may be getting rain next week which will make Terry happy. He was out watering the yard today, it sure looked like it could all day today and yesterday also, but it didn't. I say bring it on. We had a really dry winter and hope the spring won't be dry like that.

Well, I am going to sign off. My neck is stiff today and I have had a mild headache. This stress stuff has got to stop. Well, talk to you later. March madness has started and it shows what I know. I thought basketball was over after MO won Big 12. LOL.



1 comment:

  1. Glenda, been down the stress road many!!! times and have been again just recently...I can not tell you how parents are never not parents and all is well until it is not. I have two types of psoriasis and when I get stressed, oh my, it really takes over my body, makes me anxious and worried as hell and takes my sleep away...what we have been through and still go through with our children is sometimes a real cross to bear but, can't imagine not helping my/our heartbeats...:) Hope you have a great rest of the week and you made me damned jealous with your dinner! I love asparagus and it's expensive as hell and all I got for supper was a quik trip hot dog...LOL...maybe get some BBQ ing going with our new grill when John gets off all the overtime....

    ReplyDelete