Well, tomorrow I am heading as far southwest in the state of MO that you can go. McDonald County. Can't explain and be politically correct so not even going to try but the folks down there are very backwoods. There was a lot of lead mining done in that region and that is all I am going to say. I have never been to the health department down there but my supervisor and I are going and she was telling me that the county is really excited about it. They placed an old double wide up against an old house that was falling down. One thing I do have to say about the staff down there, they are awesome. They will do anything you ask and work really hard. I am sure they aren't paid a lot of money at all.
I am tired and am going to start on my afghan. Am a little upset because the material pilfer up when I washed it but will be okay when I am done. I am going to run to the fabric store tomorrow and see if I can buy something that can shave the little balls of fuzz off the material. I am excited about starting up again and will post pictures, maybe. :o)
One thing about it, McDonald County is very pretty down there. I use to date someone who's family from from that area. Anderson and Noel, along Elk River. I loved the little community called Ginger Blue down there on the river. It was in the late 70's when I would go down there and Ginger Blue was around the time that the Ozark Mountain Daredevils had their song "Jackie Blue".
Well, I am going to sign off. Tired and want to sew some so will talk atcha later.
Some of those little towns are really neat and nostalgic aren't they? Don't you hate that when yarn pilfers up! I used to crochet a lot of aphgans but with my arm I am going to be lucky I finish a bear quilt for a baby for her when ever she has one....good thing it's going to be awhile! LOL....
ReplyDelete