This is a blog about my every day life. My dreams, my hopes and my past. The things in my life that makes me the person I am today. What makes me happy, sad and excited. This is it. If I say something that offends you, sorry. Start your own blog and say what you want, that's what I did.
My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Women History Month
March 2012, it is a month that will come and go but will be a month that I will remember for a long, long time. Then again I may forget when it was and what happened. Here's to hoping I forget, even though I know things are given to us to learn from and will be fine. I know, I am talking to circles and riddles but don't feel comfortable to share as of yet but it is something that is weighing on my mind and heart. Oh, and don't worry it is nothing to do with Terry and I or my family or job. Just something that is going on right now. Love my husband, love my family and tolerate my job. LOL.
Today in our many e-mails from work it was brought to my attention that this is the month of Women's History and since I work for the Department of Health and Senior Services they are pinpointing women that have made a contribution to the medical field. The video they sent us was Elizabeth Blackwell, the first women to have recieved a medical degree in the United States.
It was a very good piece and made me feel proud of her but made me think about one of our own that opened the path for women from Missouri, Doc Ruth Seevers of Osceola Mo. Doc Ruth was an icon in St. Clair MO. She passed away in 1985 at 102 years old, actively practing medicine from 1906 to 1977, in her early 90's. Her office was just off the square in Osceola and there was not a receptionist in there, you just sat and waited your turn and she would get to you soon. I had gone to her for sports physical's but never as my primary care doctor. Oh know, you went to Clinton to Wetzel Clinic for that.
Her house is a house that is still standing in Osceola and this little girl always thought it was magnificent. It was on a hill in Osceola looking down upon the town and now it has a magnificent view of Truman Lake. She was an icon that if you grew up in St. Clair county, no doubt you have a Doc Ruth story to tell. Memories last a life time.
Another beautiful day. Terry got the gas grill fired up tonight and we had the first hamburgers and hotdogs of the season. They will be good from now on but nothing like the first. Now there won't be much cooking inside, all done on the grill. I even love fish steamed on the grill and do all my veggies out there too. Yummy, yum, yum, yum.
See you guys tomorrow and hope you click on the links to read about these wonderful women that have made a significant change in so many lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gorgeous beautiful weather today, played outside with son and his wife and son Malachi...he even went swimming in his little wading pool I bought him last summer. Women have done so much in history, look at men and maybe add on a few things in the sensory dept. and it makes you think....
ReplyDelete