My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mizzou



<br />


The day was sunshine, breezes and spring in the air. I cleaned out the tiger lilies that probably haven't been cleaned out for 10 years. I got some of them dug up but have a bunch more that needs to be done. I am out of shape, it wore me out.

When we were at the graveside services today the family had a Jeremy Camp song playing and then let balloons loose. It was so beautiful but one of the bunches got caught in a tree. A few were popping as the wind was blowing them around and as this was happening the music was building up louder and stronger and then, slowed and started softly. At that time the balloons broke loose and floated off into the sky, separating as they were flying off, leaving the few that had popped in the tree. There wasn't a dry eye in the cemetery and the preacher took advantage of the opportunity of bringing an analogy to the message that was definitely God sent at that moment. We go along believing that life is good and all of a sudden something comes in our path, making life difficult and leaving scars, but then God comes into our lives allowing us to release from our past and go towards Him, leaving remnants of our past in the trees, never looking back. It was awesome and as I said, not a dry eye at the graveside.

Josh is up here tonight and we are watching "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford". Not sure if I like it or not but we're watching it. I usually like these westerns but his one is a little strange. Oh well, I'm the one that picked it out to watch this weekend along with "Due Date". I'm pretty sure that one is going to be gross and stupid but I will probably like it too. LOL.

Yes, this movie is weird. I am going to sign off, oh forgot to say the biggest and the bestest new in the whole wide world in my house anyways. MU beat Baylor in the Big 12 Tournament Championship. 90-75. MU is leaving with a big BANG.

3 comments:

  1. Well got those tiger lilies in order? Those are very expensive bulbs to buy in the store...yes MU is a winner, JR loves that also! Sounds like the funeral was an analogy of our lives on earth...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....sounds like you had a little of everything this weekend, sad, fun and weird! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really looking forward to seeing Due Date. When we did see it I was a little disappointed. It has some hilarious parts in it but I think I might have had too big of expectations for the movie. My opinion of the movie is probably tainted because of that.
    GO MIZZOU!!!

    ReplyDelete