All week we have been having upper 70's, lower 80's temps. It has been so nice. Yesterday evening before it got dark Terry and I took a ride. We ended up in a small town south of Harrisonville, Archie MO. As we were riding there and after we got into the town I was looking at the beautiful country with the jonquils in full bloom, Bradford Pears all white with their blooms, red buds coming into bloom and read something that the dogwoods are fully bloomed over around the Lake of The Ozarks and Jefferson City. I have to be in JC next week and am looking forward to the drive to Springfield after the meetings because I LOVE the dogwoods in full bloom. As we were riding around I was talking to Terry and I commented if I had to pick I wasn't sure what my favorite bloom
We went and tried out a new restaurant outside of town between Freeman MO and Harrisonville on 2 Highway. The restaurant is called Harold's, on the corner of C Highway and 2 and may I say oh my gosh!!! It was fantastic and the atmosphere is awesome. There has always been a convenience store at that corner and Terry said someone won a large amount lottery ticket and the store got a percentage of the ticket sold and the guy rebuilt his business. I don't know how much that was but it must have been a heck of a chunk of change. The oak furniture in the restaurant alone must be worth thousands of dollars. Inside the restaurant there is an old house inside. Some of the old BS'ers that were in there said he had bought an old house off Y highway and brought it there. It even has a pool room with some beautiful pool tables.
For lunch I had a smoked pulled pork sandwich that was outstanding. I loved the BBQ sauce too and it didn't come with the sauce on it, I had to put it on myself which is the way I love it. Anyway, you guys should check into it. Really a good place to eat and when I go again I'm checking out the ribs, saw a plate full go past the booth we sat in and they looked great. Terry had a pork tenderloin and he said it was really good but I don't know. I'm a BBQ looker outer and look out, loved their smoked meats.
Josh and I ran over to Ly Cynge Kansas today and it was such a nice ride. I enjoyed it and I think he did too. Then when I got home Carole called and asked if I wanted to run up to the new Jo Ann's Fabric and Craft store in Belton and off I went back out into the world. We both really liked the store and now it means we won't have to run to Independence for our supplies. Now if they put a Hobby Lobby up there I won't have to go to Independence or Lee's Summit again except I love the Hobby Lobby they have in Lee's Summit. It's a very nice store.
When I left Terry he was cleaning out the shed and doing some raking in the yard. I needed to stay and work in the flower beds but didn't. :o( Hopefully next week.
Today was a lot better than the week has been. Hopefully everything will keep getting better. They seem to be, Josh is happy about everything and so am I, that's all that matters.
Well, heading out of here.

Sounds like you had a well deserved stressfree day out and about and you needed it!
ReplyDeleteThe dogwoods around here are in full bloom and are absolutely beautiful. It is neat how they are always so perfectly symmetrical.
ReplyDelete