Good day. Went to church, came home and fixed fried chicken dinner with all the trimmings, fresh strawberries for dessert. Watched Moneyball. I thought it was a good movie but Terry and Josh LOVED it!!! Definately a movie for a baseball fanatic because if you don't like or understand baseball don't bother watching it. I had the guys to tell me stuff I didn't know throughout the movie. Some stuff I didn't want to know!!! :o)
The day was pretty and I really should have been out working in the flowerbeds instead of watching movies all weekend but oh well. It was my day off but will work in them some next weekend. When Terry and I took our walk this afternoon after Josh left it was so nice seeing Spring peeking through. The robins were hopping around chirping and finding something to eat in the yards. The tulips and Iris' are peeking up through the ground with the jonquels near blooming if not already fully bloomed in some yards. People are out reseeding their yards and Terry was checking out their handy work as he is planning to do the same to our yard. I love Spring. Of course I love all the changing of the seasons.
I do hate the storms though and my prayers go to the communities that were so hard hit with the storms last week. So many deaths and destruction. That is the part of Spring I hate with a passion.
I am tired and feel a little anxious today but I read a statement that hit it home for me bigtime. "If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present." So true, I have been living in the past and the future the last 24 hours and I need to cut it out. Of course sometimes life gives you a speedbump and it will make you go places within your mind and feelings that you really don't want to go. I will go to bed tonight, sleep good and all will be well. I have to realize I need not worry about things that I have no control over whatsoever.
Well, I'm going to get off here and get some things done around the house that needs to be done. I will talk to you later.
Well Glenda have to agree with you about the past, present, future thing...I am very bad about the past and the future....always have been a worrier and have never learned how to turn it off, my Mom used to tell me I was to much like my Dad...she could turn off worry like blowing out a match, I turn off worry like I am trying to blow out a butane torch....:) pkf
ReplyDelete