My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Go Royals



Wow, just looked at the time and realized it is 10:30pm. I am becoming a night owl. Today was a better day for me but they come and they go. Lots going on and Friday I may need some extra prayer for Josh and I. We're dealing with a bunch of stuff and we will find out more Friday afternoon. Just remember us during this time. I have taken the week off and am home this week and what a beautiful week it has been.

I was telling Josh today that I was outside yesterday and the church next door to us has a playground and they have daycare within the church. The children were outside playing, swinging and enjoying the beautiful weather before lunch. While I was outside I could hear the ice cream truck coming into our neighborhood. By the time it was on our road the children had stopped what they were doing and were plastered to the fence screaming ICE CREAM MAN!!! This one little guy was jumping up and down and doing some head banging moves while he was screaming. It was like crack cocaine for kids!!! It made me laugh because one little guy was screaming at me "Hey Wadie, Stop the ICE CREAM MAN!!!" As soon as the ice cream man had driven out of site, the tornado sirens came on during the nationwide drill. All of a sudden the children stopped dead in their tracks and single filed into the church with the teachers leading them. That cracked me up too because it was like Pavlov's dog or something.

Today was extremely warm and we have had windows open with the ceiling fans going. Terry just mentioned you'd think it has been 100* outside the way we are sitting around, windows open, no heat and fans going. Can't believe it is the middle of March. He fertilized and watered the grass seed he layed last week. We are going to have such a beautiful yard.

Oh, before I forget and I meant to tell Josh and forgot, but we were sitting in the living room today and Lamar started growling and barking. Terry looked out the window and there were two doves perched on our deck top. I love doves and absolutely love to listen to their coos. I have had birds in the past and always wanted doves but birds can be so dirty and are a mess. I never had any doves but knew someone that raised them. I've only had finches (I love them, ours was Burt and Birdie) and I also had a little paraket (Nash).

Nash came from a family of 5 children when I lived in Oklahoma and it is the only parakeet I know of that could talk. He only knew one statement and it was "Son of a Bitch." LOL. I worked for the mother of this family at a restaurant in Medford Oklahoma. I really liked her and she was a good employer. It was so funny, her birthday was like a couple days from Memorial Day and we were working lunch rush with a restaurant full of customers. Her youngest son comes into the cafe (probably around 5-6 yo) with one of those memorial wreaths that had a banner that said MOM. He was so proud of himself because he bought her some flowers for her birthday with money that he had saved up. There was a dime store in town just a few blocks from the restaurant, just a few blocks from his house. She never said a word, smiled and told him she loved them more than anything else he has ever gotten her and sat them next to the cash register. The regular customers told him how beautiful they were and he was beaming with a light just shining out of those big brown eyes.

I will remember that family until the day I die and often wonder about the ones that have crossed my path and where they are in their lives.

Well, I'm tired and need to get this posted. Hope you guys checked into the links I posted yesterday on Doc Ruth. She was such an interesting lady!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hope everything turns out ok for you and Josh. Prayers your way! Well "Wadie", did you get it stopped for them? LOL Little kids can really crack a person up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a well deserved wonderful week and hope all is okay with your personal issues, you are in my prayers for them and have no doubt you will hold strong....

    ReplyDelete