My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Reno 911



<br />

Terry and I ran to Belton this afternoon to pick up Brandon's birthday present. His birthday this year lands on Thanksgiving, bless his heart. Told him we'd do a special dinner afterwards. Not sure if I will go ahead and do the cake for tomorrow or wait. We then ran to Ryan's because my husband LOVES his cafeteria style food. He's into quanity, not quality. LOL.

Anyway as we were leaving Belton the Fire Marshall truck went through traffic 90 to nothing zipping down 71 Highway south, the direction we were going. About 4 miles down the road that truck had caught up to the Fire Truck and then we rounded the corner and there it was, a wreck on the northbound side. An ambulance drove down the median as traffic was backed up. There were a couple State Trooper cars and another ambulance coming up. The wreck didn't look as bad as wrecks I've seen on the highway before but still, a wreck is a wreck. As I was watching these first responders working traffic and getting to the injured individuals in the accident, I thought to myself. Thank goodness for these dedicated individuals, willing to come like this to help someone to an extent that it could mean saving a life. Or to come up to an accident and the person might not have made it alive. I am so thankful tonight for these individuals. This is something I cannot do. I worked a short time one time in the admitting of an emergency room a hospital, and with those short three months I knew this wasn't a job for me. I don't like dealing with trama. It's not my strength at all. Praise God for these people that it is their calling.

Well, I am sitting here with a slight headache but I have been cooking like a mad woman tonight. Got the pumpkin pie baked, made a chocolate cream pie and sugar free banana cream pie with meringue, and also baked some chocolate chip cookies.

Tomorrow morning I will get up early and hit it hard!!! Well, not to hard but will hit it. Had to write down the menu so I would be sure and fix everything and not forget anything. Been known to do that before. I made homemade cranberry sauce with sweetner and when I tasted it the other night it wasn't very good. A little bitter tasting. I haven't tasted it since it has been sitting in the refrigerator for a couple of days but went ahead today and bought a can of Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce. Gotta have cranberry sauce with my turkey!!!

Terry's Josh called tonight and said that Madison is here. They are going to drop by sometime tomorrow and see us and I can't wait!!! She is such a smart, funny, sweet little girl and loves Lamar with all her heart. He loves her too. Can't wait.

Well guys. Got a lot of feedback about last nights blog, sorry this one is a little boring. I'm tired tonight and haven't gotten anything up my crawl tonight. Or haven't let anything get up my crawl. Wait, I take that back, something did tick me off bigtime but I will write more on it tomorrow.

Enjoy everyone and be thankful!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I see, trying to pique our interest! :)

    No way could I do these jobs either. Thank God there are those that can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been hard at it cookin' girl! Your blogs are never boring and I look forward to reading each and every one....

    ReplyDelete