My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Friday, November 18, 2011

Thank goodness



<br />


I am truly thankful for organizations like this that assure us the opportunity to tell our soldiers Thank You during the Holiday season!!!


This information is going around FaceBook tonight and is something that I believe is a really wonderful jester that we can

do for our soldiers.


When filling out your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to this address:

Holiday Mail For Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456

For cards to get to our soldiers overseas they need to be postmarked by Dec. 9th.

Every card received will be screened for hazardous materials by Pitney Bowes and then reviewed by Red Cross volunteers working around the country.

Please observe the following guidelines to ensure a quick reviewing process:

All cards being sent in for 2011 Holiday Mail For Heroes program should be postmarked no later than Friday, December 9, 2011.

Ensure that all cards are signed.

Use generic salutations such as “Dear Service Member.” Cards addressed to specific individuals can not be delivered through this program.

Only cards are being accepted. Do not send letters.

Do not include email or home addresses on the cards, as the program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.

Do not include inserts of any kind, including photos, as these items will be removed during the reviewing process.

We encourage participants to mail as many cards as they are comfortable sending. If you are mailing a large quantity,

please bundle the cards and place them in large mailing envelopes or use a flat rate box from the post office. Each card does not need its own envelope, as cards will be removed from all envelopes before distribution.

Please refrain from sending holiday cards with glitter. Many of these cards will be delivered to military and veterans medical facilities and the glitter could interfere with a patient's recovery


Well, with that said I will be saying a little prayer everyday for our soldiers and their families.

When I came home tonight from Springfield the highway was extremely busy. Lots of young men and women driving north from Springfield, going home for Thanksgiving week from college. Made my heart smile. I saw my cousins son, Geoff pass me on the highway. He was heading home and nothing was going to stop him!!! Alot of crazy stuff on the highway too.

Speaking of crazy stuff, the other morning I was heading to work down Glenstone and there was a pickup truck in front of me going about 10, maybe 15 mph. When I passed it there was a little old man and his little dog. The dog was on his lap, had his front paws on the steering wheel and looking over the top of it as if he was driving. I was like, what the heck is that man doing out at 6:30 in the morning with his little dog??? Laura, my co-worker said they were probably heading home,had been out since 3am. LOL. Made me smile, I could see my husband in 10+ years from now with Lamar driving down the street here in Harrisonville the same way.

Going tomorrow to help a friend winterize her mom's lake cabin down at Truman. I've helped her every year for the last several years. Don't mind, it doesn't consist of much work. Just making sure the antifreeze runs through the pipes and put up the outside furniture. It's all fine!!! Plan to stop off in Clinton at Aldi's and pick up a few things for Thanksgiving dinner. I sure do wish Harrisonville would get a Aldi's also. Maybe one of these days.

Going to sign off. Can't think of much more to write about. Tomorrow I should have something to write about. I think I need to get me a tape recorder and when thoughts come in my head I could record them because as I am out and about in the real world I think to myself....I will write that in my blog tonight and then I forget it. Oh well. Talk to you later.


No comments:

Post a Comment