My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Thursday, November 17, 2011

If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love.





...Maya Angelou, she is one of my favorite authors and poets. She has some good stuff out there and if you ever have a chance to read it, I highly recommend it!!!

Well, day 17 of Thankfulness. Not sure if I am going to make it. Maybe I need a ticker to keep track of everything I have been thankful for in the past. I am truly thankful for convience stores with coffee just a waiting on me on the days I really don't want to make any. There is a chain of convience stores in Springfield area that are called Kum and Go. Isn't that the most disgusting thing you have ever heard of??? I know they have one in Cameron MO too because I use to drive by it thinking, "seriously???" Anyway, this morning I was glad there is a Kum and Go on every street corner in Springfield.


With Thanksgiving one week away and I am taking next week off I have to say I am so glad that I love to cook and bake. I have always enjoyed it and to have everyone like what I cook, it makes it even better. Thinking about what I am going to have on the menu.
  • Turkey
  • Dressing
  • Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
  • Green Beans seasoned with ham
  • Cranberry Sauce
  • Yeast Hot Rolls
  • Pumpkin Pie
  • Chocolate Cream Pie
  • Banana Cream Pie
  • No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Snickerdoodles
Not sure what else but whatever, it will be good, hopefully.

I love Thanksgiving. When all the family was intact, no one had passed away, we always had Thanksgiving as a family. We had alot of festivities together. Now everyone has married, have children of their own and other families to attend the holidays at. It is just hard for all of us to get together anymore and it is sad. I enjoyed the time we spent together as a family, catching up on what everyone has been doing and what has been happening in their lives. Oh well, times keep on going on and new memories are made daily!!! Along with new traditions.

Well, tomorrow is my last day at work. As I said earlier, I am taking next week off and all I can say is rock on!!! I am so excited. I will talk to you guys tomorrow night sitting in my easy chair with an ottoman at home, sitting in front of TV and enjoying my evening with my husband and my pets. ROCK ON!!!


Have fun everyone. It's what it's all about!!!






1 comment:

  1. I love Maya Angelou also. I especially like to listen to her recite her poems. Such a soft voice yet with plenty of authority too.

    ReplyDelete