Each day I find this to be so much fun. I love this and will get better at it as it goes along. It reminds me of a saying my mom use to always say, "Practice makes perfect". So true. She would use that line on me with just about everything. I told her I can't make gravy as good as hers and she'd say "Practice makes perfect". Same thing would go with so many different things. Listen to your mama's people, they really do know what they are talking about and can give you so much information to get through life. They've been there, done that and ain't a going back. :o)
I guess before I get to far into this posting tonight I need to say what I am thankful for on Day 16. Several things came to mind today but I have to say I am thankful for my "gift to gab"!!! I have never met a person that I can't talk to. With my job today I have to visit with a vast array of individuals and I do not have a problem at all. I cannot say I have always had that gift but then again, I look back and maybe I have. My mom and dad worked various restaurants while I was growing up and there were times that I had to go with them and sit out the shift. Needless to say it was extremely boring but the coffee drinkers always would keep me entertained by teasing and tormenting me. They would have a nickle for me to play the pin ball machines or put money in the jukebox. Mom and dad worked out at Hart's Cafe and I can remember sitting there with Bill Foote, Glen Russell, Harry Foster and a vast array of individuals. They'd tell me, don't play none of that rock and roll music. I'd slip my quarter in there and play "Red Rubber Ball" or "This Diamond Ring" or anything else I wanted to listen too and they would give me a hard time. I'd just giggle.
There was one time dad ran the Skelley Station in Osceola and I remember sitting outside with the old men there and of course what did old men do but give me a hard time. After my dad passed away mom taught me to do the same thing she knew to do, wait tables. From the age of about 14 until I was 30, I waited tables and if you don't learn the gift to gab there you don't make money at it!!! I enjoy working the public and get extremely bored if I have a job that I don't have any public contact at all. Anyway, I am thankful today for the ability to talk to people and make them laugh.
This has been a stressful week for me at work but it is all going to be over with soon. Of course I bring more stress to myself than is needed because I want everything to be perfect and everyone knows that isn't going to happen. As I said in my earlier posts, I have finished all those trainings and today I got all the certificates printed off and sent to the participants. That is completely behind me and won't have to worry about it for another couple of years. Thank goodness. I am organizing a co-workers retirement in the Independence office and it is tough being down here in Springfield but I have friends that are helping me out BIGTIME so that stress is releaved somewhat. I will just be glad when the 22nd is done and over with and I can concentrate on Thanksgiving. I am excited and believe it or not that is a stress reliever for me. I love to cook and bake and cannot wait to get it going. Terry is fantastic in helping me with the cooking, cleaning and of course he loves to do the eating. LOL. I'm excited and then after T-Day we can put up the Christmas tree and such.
Well, this is about it for posting. The weather has turned off cold and it looked like it could have been sleeting when I got off work. Not sure though, could of just been really cold drizzle. I really don't complain about the hot and cold weather. Now I do complain about ice and by the time winter is over I am ready for the changing of the seasons but I have to say, I love season changes. Missouri has so much to offer in beauty there. Yes, it would be nice to live somewhere that there is 75* weather, and then it turns off nice....but yet no. Not really. I've lived in various states, such as Oklahoma, Kansas, Indiana and Wyoming and I have to say that I LOVE MISSOURI!!!
Welp, I will see you guys tomorrow night. I was going to make it big font like I did yesterday but not sure. Gotta play a little bit here. You guys are my guinea pigs!!! Later gators!!!
There were a lot of ornery old men in that little town. Had to love them though! Nice blog
ReplyDelete