Okay, before I forget it like I have been. Thank goodness I only have one more day and hope I don't forget that day. Two things I am thankful for, since I forgot yesterdays would be drive through food establishments. Today I had only had one cup of coffee at the office and needed to go to Rolla by 1pm. As I was leaving the office I stopped at the drive through McDonalds to get a large cup to go with 3 creams. That is another thing I am thankful for, they finally figured out how to put the cream in our coffee so we don't have to juggle putting cream in the coffee when we leave the drive through. Yep, that's the two things I am thankful for today, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Got approved today for the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment. Yeahhhh. Go tomorrow and sign the lease agreement. I should be moved in by Friday with no problems at all!!! Need to go to the grocery store but wanted to wait until I got in over there so I can put the food over there. I know, sounds crazy but makes sense to me. I can be extrememly lazy when provoked.
I went today to Rolla as I said and the young man I was talking to said I looked really familiar to him. He looked familiar to me also but we both have no idea where we have met. Sometimes when I see people that look familar I wonder to myself if maybe we both were standing in line together at a store and exchanged conversation while waiting our turn. Or if maybe we both walked into the store at the same time and he held the door for me and we made eye contact as I thanked him for this kind gesture. I always thank anyone that holds a door open for me. I am all for holding the door for a person because as I said in the paragraph above....i can be extremely lazy. Seriously, I appreciate the gesture because I believe it shows respect for another human being, and I am all for respect.
The standing in line together reminds me of a story. I was at the post office one time and the lady in front of me reminded me of someone I knew and had not seen for ages. I said a happy and excited hello to her and when she turned around it was no one I had seen before in my entire life. I apologized and told her I thought she was someone else and she extended her hand to shake mine and goes, "My name is Patty. Now we know each other and I look forward to meeting you again." I laughed as she did too and I introduced myself to her as well. Never have seen her again and probably would never know her if I did, but now I try to do the same when someone accidently thinks I am someone else. Why not???
December 1 is World AIDS day. Portions of the quilt are being displayed all over the United States and 80 panels are being shown here in Springfield. How cool, I have always wanted to view it live but never have. Not sure why, just haven't. I plan to run by and see it tomorrow afternoon.
SPRINGFIELD, MO 11/28/2011 - 12/1/2011
Host: AIDS Project of the Ozarks
Display Site Address: Remington's Entertainment Complex
1655 West Republic Road
Number of Blocks: 80
Contact: Marlin Martin
Email: marlinmartinlcsw@yahoo.com
There are 10,000 people living in the State of Missouri with HIV today. That are just the ones that know it, there are probably more that have never been tested and is not aware of their status. Testing is free and painless, we even test out in the field and can read the results within 20 minutes. Pretty cool. Some are afraid to find out their results but it is better to be sure than not know. HIV is not the death sentence it was in the beginning. It is extremely manageable, as manageable as sugar diabeties, as long as you know, stay under doctor's care, eat right and take care of your body.
There is a listing where the quilt is shown all over the United States. It is also at KU Med Center in KCKS. The rest of the sites around can be found when you click here
30 years ago on June 5th was the first medical report about HIV. The theme this year is "Getting to Zero” by 2015 – Zero AIDS Related Deaths, Zero New Infections and Zero Discrimination. Spread the word,,,,not the infection!!!
Love one another.
Okay, click on:
Love the one your with
Very interesting and valid points Glenda!
ReplyDelete