You may tire before this month is over but I am going to post each of my blogs this month and dedicate them to what I am truly thankful for. There is so many things that I am thankful for and rest assured, these will not be in order like David Letterman’s top 10 list, but it will be whatever God has placed on my heart to bring to your attention. As God and I both know, this could be interesting because I am never sure what is going to come out of my mouth, it just comes out. Hopefully that is why each and every one of you loves me as you do, because that is just how I roll. LOL.
I do have to say my number one thing that I am most thankful for this year is my husband. He is an awesome man and treats me like a queen. I pray every day that I bring to him the love and joy that he brings to me. He has brought so much love and content into my life that sometimes I feel guilty. I feel guilty because not everyone can feel this, just like me in the past. I never knew it could be this good in a relationship. I have had some very dysfunctional relationships in the past as he has too, it is what has made us into the caring people that we are today. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. December 30th we will have been married for one year, on October 16th we celebrated our two years together. Pretty cool in my eyes!!! I feel the same about him today as I felt about him two years ago and those feelings have never ebbed. You know what makes it even better??? He feels the same way because we tell each other daily.
I saw a really cool quote today that hit very close to home. The more you read my blogs you are going to find out I love my quotes, inspirational says and anything that will lift me up when I am down. I believe in Christianity and go to church pretty faithfully. I love the little church I attend and have gotten one of my best friends to attend it with me. I have always felt in my heart what this quote is saying.
One time I saw a bumper sticker on a car that said “Preach the gospel at all times, when needed use words.” I have taken that little bumper sticker to heart all these years and then today, BAM there was a better explanation!!!
“Don’t speak to me about your religion; first show it to me in how you treat other people. Don't tell me how much you love your God; show me in how much you love all His children. Don't preach to me your passion for your faith; teach me through your compassion for your neighbors. In the end, I'm not as interested in what you have to tell or sell as I am in how you choose to live and give."
--Mayor Corey Booker, of Newark
--Mayor Corey Booker, of Newark
I’m thinking pretty dang cool and as my husband would say, “Outstanding!!!”
I have gotten some positive feedback from those of you that will admit you are following my blog. For those of you that are just stalkers and read it, that’s fine. Not much happened exciting today in the world of STD/HIV. I am trying to get caught up on that dreaded paper work because I totally despise it. It bites me in the butt every time too and am not sure why I let it do so but oh well. Ya gotta love me!!!
Hope I didn’t get too intense on you guys but Thanksgiving and the holiday seasons that are coming up, I love. Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter have GOT to be my favorite, simply because, not only does it consist of all my favorite comfort foods in the whole wide world it also consists of looking at your inner self and figure out what truly makes you happy!!! How cool is that one guys???
I will talk to you guys again tomorrow. We have officially entered Thanksgiving territory as of today, there is only three weeks and I can’t wait. Anyone needing some place to go is more than welcome to come to our house!!!
Gobble till you wobble!!!
Nice post! I am so happy for you to have found somebody that makes you truly happy. Terry really seems like a really GOOD guy. Hey, he loves music, sports and a gal from LC, he has to be a good guy! :) Love the Corey Booker quote.
ReplyDelete