My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Friends

As I sit at the computer and do my nightly ritual of checking Facebook, checking my e-mail, looking up and seeing what the hometown news is, reading obituaries and making sure no one has passed away that I know, I realize that today’s thankfulness would have to go to my friends.  It would be such a lonely place in this life if I didn’t have friends. 

A friend of mine on Facebook posted on her status this following piece of wisdom,
“TODAY I SEND A CHALLENGE TO ALL MY FACEBOOK FRIENDS: It's November, the month of thankfulness, so instead of constantly talking about and highlighting the negative in your lives why don't you take the time every day to post what you are thankful for. Let me get you started - you can be thankful for: a roof over your head because I know you're not homeless, the internet because obviously you have that to get on here, a computer or cell phone because obviously you're posting from some electronic device, food in your belly because unless I missed it you haven't posted you're starving yet, income of some sort because obviously you can afford all of those things I've previously mentioned, friends because I've seen your friends list and there's more than just 1, and your health because obviously you're living and breathing. Dang! Would you look at that! A whole week's worth of thankfulness right there! Did you know that there are people in your own state maybe even town that are homeless, starving, have no income, don't have friends, and/or barely have their health to hang onto? Look at just how good you have it and be thankful because at any moment all of those things can be taken away!”

For those of you that aren’t on Facebook, there is a lot of whining, drama, and stuff people put on there that you are like, seriously folks, do you even have a clue that everyone does not care about that stuff.  I try to post inspirational things, things that make people laugh and sometimes things that make you think.  Like tonight I posted, “You know how to make a tissue dance???  Put a little boogie in it!!!”  I know cheesy but it makes you smile for a while, laugh and maybe even forget about something that is bothering you for a split second.

And that is why I love my friends.  They make me smile and I love making them smile!!!  Sometimes they make me mad too but that’s okay.  A good friendship is like a good marriage, it takes work, but don’t ruin it over something that really doesn’t matter in the long run.  What matters in the long run is that you have your friend for the rest of your life, no matter where they move to or you move to, so I am thankful for my friends. 

Well, getting ready to go to the Women of Faith Conference Friday night and all day Saturday with a couple of good friends.  I am going to sing, dance, cry, laugh and Praise like I’ve never Praised before in my life.  What a wonderful time and wonderful feeling.  I can’t wait. May not get anything posted tomorrow night because it is going to be late when we get home and will be getting up early Saturday morning to go back up there, so you may not hear from me until Saturday night.  Just warning you beforehand!!!

Today was a brisk cold morning.  It was raining when I went to work and I am not sure I am ready for the cold.  I was not one that was complaining about the heat this summer, I like summer but when it gets subzero weather, yes I do not like that.  I do like the first snow because it is absolutely breathtaking and even like a few after but when it starts being a cold mess and slushy, icy stuff….nope, don’t like it.  Oh well, it is all part of our seasonal changes within the Midwest and I don’t want to live anywhere else so guess I need to suck it up. 

Like I said earlier, I probably won’t post until Saturday night but look out.  I will have some stuff to say, I am sure. 

Peace out!!!

 


2 comments:

  1. The people that come up asking for change outside of a store, I will always give some change or open my wallet and give something more. A guy asked me for a cigarette once and I told him I don't smoke but I went in and bought a pack of Marlboros and a lighter for him. I went back out and he was gone. I hadn't told him I was going to do it. I found him about 4 blocks away and pulled over and gave them to him. The people at the stoplights I hand some money a lot of the time. Paula and I always say, "but by the grace of God there go I." There is a big homeless "community" close to my work. There is a mobile vet that stops there once a month and gives them food and checks their dogs out for free. The line will be 15-20 deep, sometimes more, all with their dogs. They are some of the best behaved dogs you will ever see also. Paula and I love your little sayings you post on fb. We get a big kick out of them. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, inspiring blog Glenda, and you are so right...so many of the things we are thankful for and should be thankful for are right under our noses...have a great Praise BE God time and come back refreshed, rejuvenated and spiritually redeemed!

    ReplyDelete