Wow!!! That was a feast and a half today. Was expecting 9-11, had 8 but only 7 ate, made enough to feed a small third world village of 150-200!!! Needless to say, there are going to be a bunch of leftovers but that is fine, my husband loves his leftovers and I already have a few recipes in mind!!! Thank goodness Josh and Brandon will be around to eat this weekend. I even sent food home with Terry's sisters, Sheila and Patty, and we still have enough to open up a restaurant!!! LOL!!!
I am so thankful for grocery store sale ad's the week of Thanksgiving and my ability to make everything by scratch!!! Will I do the Black Friday thing??? Not no but hell no!!! Have never experienced it and plan to never experience it!!! To much chaos and to many people for me. I'm afraid I would be on the 6:00 news, Harrisonville MO woman goes bonkers at store, ramming her cart into people and screaming at the top of her lungs "GET THE FRIGGING FRUCK OUT OF MY WAY!!!" Then she was seen in the parking lot slicing brake lines on every car and using fine grain sandpaper on everyone's windshields!!! Or something like that anyway!!! Yeah, I don't do that kind of thing well. They don't make strong enough Zoloft for me to even attempt that madness!!!
I will take advantage of this Saturday though!!! This is something I posted last night on my Facebook wall. " ... and don't forget, this Saturday is Small Business Saturday. Do your Christmas Shopping via small businesses!!! If you don't like the way is the economy is doing then do something for the economy."
I get so sick and tired of listening to individuals complaining about the way the economy is today and then do they do anything to help try to keep jobs in the United States??? NO. They would rather complain. These are the same one's that complain that we live in a terrorist nation here in the US. Well, if that is the truth then move. Go live in Yemen were women are joing the uprising against incumbent president Ali Abdullah Saleh so they can enjoy the same rights as men. Oh, wait a minute....that's already been done for us years before and we already have that right. Okay then, go live in Haiti where children are explotied and still work as domestic servants, you say no. Plus that is there, this is here!!! Okay, maybe so but stop complaining about how terrible we have it here. As far as I can tell it isn't that bad. Do I have to pinch my pennies. Yes, have I always...yes. Do I see so many people living above and beyond there means??? Yes. I can retire from the State in 4 years, will I???? Who knows, it will depend what is going on in 4 years but do I feel sorry for you because you are so in debt you will never be able to retire??? NO. My mom always taught me to never live outside of my means. Do I wear top of the line clothing??? Yes. Where do I get them?? Thrift stores, garage sales and 80% racks at the stores.
Well, just finished the second load in the dishwasher tonight. Probably should go into the kitchen and put them up. We are watching Rain: A tribute to The Beatles on Ice. Terry and I saw them last year at Starlight and they are fabulous, we've seen Liverpool Legends in Branson but Rain beat them tenfold. I'm amazed how these skaters can ice dance with such
grace. I'd be all over that ice like a tweeked out meth head!!! LOL.
Going to sign off. It was so good seeing my family today and being with them. Wish I could take all the pain away from everyone but all I can do is listen and pray for you. Of course and invite you to come to church with me. I love you so much and look forward to talking to you again!!!
Goodnight everyone!!!
I see you found your soapbox again. :) Good job...again! Paula and I had a fantastic Thanksgiving day too.
ReplyDeleteGlenda, you are a very uplifting person and you tell it like it is, I love that about you! Yes, people love to complain while they are sitting on their asses at home and not investing any of their time or energy to try to help change occur...good soapbox tonight!
ReplyDelete