My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Friday, November 11, 2011

got freedom?

11-11-11, that always seems cool to me and I don’t know why. Like in September when it was 9-10-11, I know I need a life but numbers fascinate me sometimes!!!  Also when I look at the time and it is 12:34 or if my speedometer is at an amazing number too.  Can’t help it, it’s just the way I am. 

Today I would have to say that I am thankful for Wikipedia, the dictionary, a thesaurus and anything else I use daily, either to research something, find another way to say a word or to look and see what a word means.  As I was looking up to see what I could find out about a calendar and see if I could lay some amazing facts down for you to read, I thought to myself.  I remember when I was in school and would have to write a paper or something, I would have to use the encyclopedia.  I found them interesting though and sometimes would sit and read sections of them.  We also had some World Atlas’ and I would look and see what other parts of the world were like.  I still have been known to buy old encyclopedias or books about a certain era. Not the entire sets, just sections that interest me. 
Brandon made it home last night and Josh came by and we went out to the movies and then to eat.  We went to see Tower Heist with Eddie Murphy and Ben Stiller.  I liked it, it made me laugh and as I have said, anything that makes me laugh I like.  Would like to see Puss in Boots too, I love a good cartoon movie!!!  They make them so amazing now than when Josh was a little guy and I use to think they were pretty cool then. 
Tomorrow I am going to the All School Reunion committee meeting.  Lowry City, where I graduated has an All School Reunion every year.  They nominated me as President last year and they usually have a couple of meetings before next May when the reunion is.  Not sure what I am doing but am sure it will all be fine.  We need to figure ways to get more people involved, now that we all are getting older.  Terry is going to a high school football game here in Harrisonville, the game starts at 1pm and I should be home in time.  They play Seymour MO and if I get home in time I will go with him.  It is their play-off games and I really don’t understand football that well but will go with him just because!!!
Well, I am going to sign off.  I didn’t make it to my Web Design class because I was going to be gone the next two Mondays and didn’t want to do the tutorial and then have to start all over.  May have not forgotten anything but then again, I might have!!!  Sometimes I click on all cylinders and other times not so much so!!!  I’m getting bored so I have to amp this all up a notch or two but won’t be able to do anything.
Praise God, Just found out the Washington National’s baseball player that was kidnapped 2 days ago in Venezuela has been found alive.  I can’t imagine how thankful his mom and family is.  Wow.  How scary.  Terry tells me that kidnapping is a high crime in South America but is usually young children from influential families.  How scary!!!
Good night everyone.  Love each and every one of you!!! 

Peace, love and tranquility!!!




1 comment:

  1. I wonder if there are any encyclopedia companies even left. Used to get somebody knocking at the door at least once a year trying to sell the sets. Haven't had that happen in over 15 years. The internet has probably ended that. So much easier and WAY cheaper to just go to google. I will type what I am looking for and then in a lot of situations type wiki at the end to get the wikipedia site's info. Google is frigging amazing though. If it is out there google will find it. love google for spell check to. If I can't remember how to spell a word I just start typing it and it will correct it for me.

    ReplyDelete