My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

No matter what....



<br />

Wow, this has been some day!!! Exciting, discouraging and emotionally. I don't know where to begin but guess I will begin with the final day of November, what I am thankful for. I am thankful for the life God has given me. I am so happy now and realize that nothing I have today would be possible if it wasn't for the Grace of God. It's mind boggling when you finally realize this and you don't care what anyone thinks of you. I'm me and I probably will never change, I still deal with demons but with God ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. :o)

Went today and saw the AIDS quilt here in Springfield. Wow. Amazing. I am going to try and post the pictures tonight.

If I don't get them posted tonight will tomorrow night. I am going to go to the candle light vigil at 6pm tomorrow night, remembering that these individuals are people, just like you and I. If you ever get a chance to see this piece of art, please go. It is so outstanding.

They handed out a fact sheet with quilt facts. The Quilt was established in 1987. There are over 18 million visitors that have seen The Quilt. There are 91,000 names on The Quilt and it has 5,864 blocks. Its weight is 54 tons and is 1,293,000 square feet and would take 33 days to view, if you were spending only one minute per panel. One panel is 3'x6'. A block consists of 8 panels bundled together to form a 12'x12' section. And to top it off The Quilt still recieves, on average, a new panel EVERYDAY of the year to be added. WOW.

Go to www.aidsquilt.org Wonderful website.

Well, got my lease signing done today but the big time bummer is,,,,I can't move anything until this Saturday and I have to be out of the apartment I am in now on Sunday. That isn't playing very nice in my book. Oh well, it will be fine.

The exciting thing today was when my preacher with our church contacted me this evening. I was viewing The Quilt when he called so when I got out I returned his call. There is so much exciting stuff going on within our church and he is so totally awesome. They are going to be starting a woman's group and he asked me if I wanted to be a part of it. This is something that is near and dear to my heart and I am so excited to become a part of it. It is something that we truly need to help our church grow. It will be so good and I am so excited. Pray for me and my church during this transistion.

We as individuals have a tendancy to have deceit, jealousy, depression, feel sorry for ourselves and sit on the pity pot. When I start getting to this point I stop and take the focus off of me. Look around at the world and realize that no one can change your world besides yourself. I can't change it, your children can't change it, the person that you love with all your heart can't change it, you are the only one with that power. Look towards God, He can make a bad situation into a good one and He is the one that can see you through this. There are so many passages in the bible but the one I happened to turn to that I have highlighted in my study bible is Jeremiah 29:11,13. 11)"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 13)You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

That is the answer you are looking for. I will continue praying for you and continue praying that you find a church that will speak to your heart, just like I have. You are more than welcome to come to church with me. I am sorry you are so miserable and will continue praying for you.

Work in Progress,
In His Name,
...glenda



2 comments:

  1. You better not ever change! Keep on keepin' on. Another nice read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gratifying bit of writing Glenda. And what a great passage out of the Bible. God is everywhere and one has only to reach out to see that he is everywhere 24/7, not just at a church on a Sunday, or a bible class on Wednesday. I find comfort in that also....

    ReplyDelete