Josh and me
Memphis Trip Labor Day Weekend 2011
Day two and I have got to say that I am so very thankful for my son. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He literally saved my life and doesn’t even know it!!! If any of you knew me before I became pregnant I was totally into sex, drugs and rock and roll. I had married his dad and then I got pregnant. I was all of a sudden, wait a minute, I have another life I am responsible for and I have got to stop this craziness and I did. Unfortunately his dad wasn’t ready to stop, so a year and a half after I had this bouncing baby boy, Josh and I left. I made it a point that no matter what, from that point on, everything is all about Josh. I made sure he was active in school, in sports and I never missed a field trip or an after school activity, no matter how bad I really, really didn’t want to go. After all, you’re only a child once!!!
I never had money to take him on vacations but we would do fun stuff together. We went to Civil War sights in MO, we went hiking, we’d go on Sunday drives, when I would have a State holiday off and he was in school, sometimes we would just take off and go on a day trip somewhere. We had fun but we had tough times too. Growing up was hard but DANG, being a parent sometimes is harder I think!!!
This year we went to Memphis on a real vacation. It was the first one him and I had ever been on. Terry and his son Brandon along with Josh and I. It was a blast and we are going to be taking these family vacations every year until the boys are married and have families of their own. We may even do it then too. Who knows!!!
Joshua Lee Hastings aka Dilrod aka Dilly is awesome!!! I’m glad I married his dad or I never would have him in my life and he makes my life. He’s personality plus and then some.
Well, I signed up for a Web Design classes today. The library here in Springfield is the bomb. I really, really like it. I signed up for a 7 week tutorial on Web Design I that is free. It is on Monday evening and I think it will work. It doesn’t cost anything so there ya go!!! Price is right. I took a class at UMKC aka University of Missouri Kansas City that was HTML which is the language you use to create web pages so I know a little. I’m excited because I have always wanted to dabble in webpage design. Guess I can add that as one thing I have learned this year along with the blogging except I really haven’t learned that much yet with the blogging. Hoping the design class will step me up a notch!!!
As I am sitting here trying to figure something to watch on the ole tube I see Harry’s Law is on at 8. I do like that show, it’s pretty good. Monday, during the day, while I was home Terry and I were watching The Cosby Show!!! Made me think, I wonder what has happened to TV shows. I love Mike & Molly, Big Bang Theory, and a few others but nothing is as good as the old Cosby Show reruns. Let alone some of the older shows from my childhood like The Dick Van Dyke show. They are just good, moral, family values type of shows. When did we start changing what we watch on TV and on the movies and where did these values go??? Why do we have to have all the reality shows like Survivor, The Amazing Race, The Biggest Loser??? Oh well, I know when Josh was little and Beavis and Butthead was on TV I would not let him watch it but every week when it was time to come on he was over at Brock’s house watching it. Brock lived across the street from us and had an older brother Brad that watched the show. Took me a while before I realized what he was doing and when I did I was like, oh well. Let him think he’s getting away with it. Was I wrong, probably but did it warp him??? Nah, life is what’s warped Josh. LOL!!!
Well, I’m getting off of here. I’m doing my laundry and just buying time until Harry’s Law comes on. Talk to you guys later.

Glenda, it sounds like you gave Josh a very happy, healthy childhood and it can be done with the way you did it without money but, with your good company and your time. I will have to write abt Hanny Hog Days sometime, talk abt a hilarious story. It sounds like you have the right man, the right life, and your children are blessings! God bless you and yours....
ReplyDeletePaula and I have never been on a “big” vacation. All of our vacations were centered around our kids and Paula’s brothers and sisters that were still young and at home at the time. St. Louis and the Arch, Six Flags, riverboat rides, Science City and the caves in the area. Hannibal and Mark Twain tours, Tom Sawyer play and the caves there. Branson and Silver Dollar City, shows, go carts and Marvel Cave. If there was a cave in the area, we were there. We would buy the $50 go cart passes and ride, ride, ride. Walk the strip and watch the people and then ride the go carts. Go to a show and then ride the go carts. Go eat and then ride the go carts. Swim at the hotel pool and then ride the go carts. In between I believe we rode the go carts also. LOL We would end every vacation with a day at World’s Of Fun.
ReplyDelete