My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Saturday, November 12, 2011

It's gotta be the pets!!!

The companionship of my pets….I am so thankful for them.  They are like your children and if any of you are pet lovers, you know exactly where I am coming from.   No matter how tough of a day I have had or if it’s been a week from hell, I can walk through that door and Lamar is so excited to see me and the cats both have their tails straight up in the air walking figure 8’s straight to my legs.  They are ready to love on me and show me their unconditional love.  No matter if you have been away from them for an hour or it’s when I return after being gone for a week, they love me no matter what.  The toughest part of having pets is when you have to scold them for doing something they aren’t supposed to do, I feel extremely guilty.  The dog feels really bad and will not make eye contact, but the cats are more like, “you talking to me punk???”  They all have personality plus and then some!!!
 
Today was a full day for me.  I went down home to Lowry City and attended an All School Reunion committee meeting.  They nominated me as President this year and I will probably be in that position for a while.  No one ever seems to want to do it but it’s a pretty easy job and there isn’t a lot of work involved.  We met in Lowry City at the little restaurant down town at 10am.  We stayed there until around 11am, my cousin was there George Lysinger, Cindy Neuenschwander McDaniel, A Joe Davis and Patsy Snyder Beaty.  I know a lot of you won’t know who that is but a lot of you will.  After the meeting Gloria Goans Crowder came into the restaurant and I visited her for quite some time.  Then George and I were leaving and he asked if I wanted to go out and have lunch with him at another restaurant down there, the Oxyoke BBQ.  It is out on the highway and they have really good food, the Nichols own it and if you are from Lowry area you know the name Nichols and BBQ go together.
Let me add, that before I left Harrisonville Terry told me he was going to go to the high school football game at 1pm with a friend.  I think last night I posted on here that Harrisonville played Seymour, my bad!!!  They played Savannah MO and it was a nail biter game I guess.  Harrisonville lost, with overtime minutes played.  I told Terry to go ahead and go, I wasn’t sure if I was going to be home in time or not.  Glad I did because George and I had a nice visit at the restaurant. 
While I was coming home Josh texted and ask what I was doing.  Told him I was heading home from Lowry and he said he was going to go and find something to eat.  I told him I’d stop off in Garden City and we could run up to Eric’s Rockin’ C, another really good place to eat.  I was full but I sat there and visited with Josh.  He is such a good kid and I love him with all my heart.  
Then I headed home after taking Josh to the house and my friend Carole called, saying that she wanted to run up to Overland Park to JoAnn’s Fabric.  Carole has been sick all week, diagnosed with bronchitis, coughing and feeling all around crappy.  She wanted to pick up her mom a Christmas present, an Ott light.  For those of you that don’t know what an Ott light is, it is a lamp that is like natural sunlight and if you are doing crafts or even reading they are a dream.  JoAnn’s had the really nice one on sale, it was the $200 floor lamp, on sale for $99 and she had a 20% off coupon and the sale was over today.  I told her I would drive her up there, we found it and by the time everything was over she only paid $84.00. THAT rocks and she was so glad I took her up there. She’d do the same thing for me, I know and that is what friends are for!!!
I got home after all that running around at 4:30 and I don’t plan to do anything but veg out all evening.  Hoping I can stay awake until Saturday Night Live is on tonight.  Want to see what kind of skit they have for Rick Perry’s screw up on the Presidential Debates.  I am sure they are going to have fun with that one because SNL always has fun making fun of political candidates!!!  
Tomorrow is going to be a slower day; I will go to church in the morning and then have lunch for my guys.  Not sure yet what I am going to make but will make something good, I am sure!!!  I will get more philosophical next week, I seem to write more detailed when it is just me and the computer.  When I am home on the weekends I usually am sitting here with the TV on and with Terry there is always a game on.  He always tells me I can watch anything I want but I really don’t know what else is on.  I would rather watch football then what is happening at Penn State.  That just makes me sick and I can’t stand to hear about it!!!
Good night, sleep tight.  Don’t let the bed bugs bite!!!  Enjoy a little "Jazzman" by Carole King!!!  One of my all time favorite singer/songwriters of all time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment