Today I am thankful for the person that invented frozen chicken pot pies. They are the bomb and I don't care how many times I try to duplicate them, they never, ever are as good as the one's you get in the freezer section at the store.
I ran to Aldi's today to pick up a few things for Thanksgiving and thought, I'll get a frozen chicken pot pie for supper. Everytime, they are better than the last. Love, love, love them and thank you frozen chicken pot pie inventor. I ate them as a teenager in Lowry. Mom worked during the day and sometimes in the evening she took care of an elderly couple in Lowry so I ate quite a few chicken pot pies. Not alot because sometimes she would bring me whatever was the special at the cafe she worked at, but I always preferred the chicken pot pies.
Today was a beautiful day but very windy. I think the temps got up to the mid 60's. I ran down to help a friend winterize her mom's trailer at the lake. It is located fairly close to where I grew up and I just absolutely love that area. I don't care how many times I go back, I love each time more. I use to want to buy down around there, just to have a place to go to for reunions, family gatherings and such but now that I am older, I'm not sure. It would be okay if it happened but I really don't care one way or the other now.
I let Lamar lick my plate clean tonight after I finished my chicken pot pie, I have to say never again. He's REAL gassy!!! The cat's have even left the room. LOL.
Not sure if you remember or not but a couple weeks ago or so I got on the library website and put a hold on a book on tape, The Brethren by John Grisham. It came in Thursday so I walked over to the library Friday to pick it up so I could listen to it on the 2 hour drive back home Friday evening.
I plugged it in my CD player and everything went really well, I was like this is a really good book. I'm going to be enjoying this puppy. Can't wait to hear what is going to happen here. I was driving along and got into like 45 minutes of the CD and all of a sudden it started skipping and quit. CRAP!!! Now what am I going to do???
Do I get the book and read it hoping I will finish it, do I tell the library that their CD is screwed up and see if they have another copy so I can listen to it or do I just get another tape hoping that it plays okay.
Well, what I think I will do is tell them their CD is screwed up, see if they have another and if not get the book. I am going to make my new year's resolution to read at least 5 books in a year. i love reading and love books but just don't do it much. Not sure why. Probably because I get so into them and it is hard to put them down. I love a good book.
With all this wind blowing and all it has really made me want to join the Kansas City Kite Club. The wind today was to strong and would have beat it to death but you would have been able to get it up in nothing flat. LOL. I know my husband will think I've lost my marbles but I love doing this. A friend of mine is going to join with me. We will learn how to build kites and go around flying them at different events. I love it. That will be a next year thing.
Have you noticed anything different on my page??? If not, look on the right hand side and listen to the "The Clap Song" video. Gotta love my line of work!!! I was doing my training in my area and was going to add it on my powerpoint presentation and my supervisor vetoed it. Said she was afraid it might be offensive to some. I am like, they need a different line of work if that offends them!!! Oh well. I liked it and thought it was hilarious.
Talk to you guys tomorrow. Have a good one!!!
I am going to add another thank you to the person that invented the new containers that allow you to microwave chicken pot pies. Amazing how the crust comes out perfect when microwaved.
ReplyDeleteEither your clap song shows differently when I bring your page up or you don't know your right hand from your left. LOL