You know, I think there is one thing better than the actual Thanksgiving meal....that would be leftovers the day after. I'll be getting tired of them about tomorrow but they were pretty good this evening. Of course that isn't what I am thankful for but I sure do like them. do and told him didn't have anything planned. He then asked me if I wanted to take a ride to that cafe I was telling him about last weekend. I said sure and we headed to the truck to go have lunch to a destination neither one of us knew about. I'd heard that it was a really good place to eat and low and behold it was. I like to consider myself a tenderloin sandwich connoisseur and I have to admit this tenderloin was one of the best. It wasn't so done that the breading was hard, it had a very nice crisp taste and was clean tasting. Prices weren't bad either.
Where is this Small Business Establishment, you should ask??? It is called Mom & Pop's Country Cafe. It is on Z Highway between Deepwater and Lowry City MO, off 13 Highway. The address is 1092 SE Z Highway, Deepwater, MO 660.438.2284. Once you get on Z off 13, it is probably about 9 miles down the road on your right hand side. They are only open from 7am-2pm, Tuesday-Saturday but it is well worth the drive. I've heard rumors that the pie is delicious too. Of course Terry gets pretty spoiled with homemade cream pies and pie isn't a treat for him. Especially since we had three leftover pies at the house waiting on us when we finished our drive.
When we finished we left and headed on down Z Highway, past Finey Church and many other homes and came out on 7 Highway, about 6 miles from Warsaw on 7 highway. It was a nice day for a nice drive for a nice lunch. I love these times. We listened to The Best of George Strait on the way down and The Best of the Beatles on the way home. We sang, we looked a pretty scenery and we hardly uttered a word, but it seemed like we visited the entire way!!!
We stopped outside of Clinton to fill the gas tank up and gas was $2.97 a gallon. Now THAT is what I am thankful for today. That gas has finally gotten down cheap enough to where we didn't grumble about the price and worry about not being able to afford a drive like we just had. I didn't think I'd ever see the day when I though $2.97 was cheap, but today was the day!!!
Not only was the gas prices were at a reduced price, the day was beautiful too. It was cloudy and a little windy but it the temperature was nice, probably around 50 but nice. We are suppose to get rain tonight and we need it so bad now. Wish it would just get over it and rain. Instead of this teasing us with drizzle all day long!!!
This morning before we left for the drive we were watching The View. I know alot of you probably can't stand these woman but I find them a delight. They had an actor on that is starring in a made for TV nonfiction movie that is to air on ABC this Sunday. The name of the movie is "Have a Little Faith" and the actor that was on their show was Laurence Fishburne. He plays Henry Covington, a gentleman that had been put in prison for a crime he did not commit, got out of prison and got into drugs which him and his wife became addicted to. He ends up stealing from a man that he was selling drugs for and the man tries to kill him. While he is hiding from this man be hides behind a trash can and gives his life to God. Telling God that if He would save him he would let God use him however he needs. That prayer changed his life from that point on and he ends up preaching to the homeless and bringing them to the Lord. Anyway Mitch Albom, the writer of this book, had been asked by an 82 year old rabbi from his hometown to deliver his eulogy. Albom doesn't feel worthy and becomes involved with this Detroit preacher that preaches to the homeless.
The movie is a true story and should prove to be awesome. I have read one other of Albom's books "5 people you meet in heaven". I loved that book and love Albom's writings. This movie is based upon something that actually happened to Albom. Talk about an outstanding movie, I ask you guys to watch it. Go to this webpage to read about the movie and also a little about Mitch Albom. He will change the way you think and see the world, I guarantee!!!
Can't figure out about the incomplete sentences and also don't like the color of the links but will figure it out. If you haven't figured out I want you to click on the word this webpage to read about Mitch Albom and his writings.
Well, haven't learned how to end these blogs in style so I just end with a closing statement. Can't wait to see you guys and will talk to you later!!!
...glenda
Glenda, sounds like you had a really good day. A good drive, lunch, and music both ways...what could be better! The movie you are talking abt sounds really interesting. We'll have to try and catch it when it comes on....just returned from taking the dogs for their twice daily drive and boy has that wind picked up....great blog girl!
ReplyDeleteYou have piqued Paula and my interest enough that we are planning on watching Sunday night also. Paula and I enjoy going out just driving around but seldom get that far down the road. I like it that gas prices have gotten below $3 a gallon but hope they continue to creep down and don't just shoot right back up. Could be a lot worse. My Son and Daughter in Germany pay around $4.50 a gallon on their rations amount. If they go over their rations for the month then it jumps to about $9 a gallon. Now that would really make us cry!
ReplyDelete