My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Monday, November 21, 2011

Be Glad When This Thankfulness Stuff Is Over!!!



<br />

Well, this is tough. I was going to say that I was thankful to be able to look up recipe's on the internet but that would go under being thankful for modern technology. Already done that one. So, would have to say I am thankful for local hospitals and the convience they are for rural communities to be able to have minor surgeries and not have to go to the large cities. Harrisonville has a small hospital that is an extremely nice, state of the art facility. I have done the physical therapy part of the hospital and man. It is really, really nice. A couple of years ago they rebuilt our hospital and I had been to the old physical therapy in the old hospital and it does not hold a candle to the new one. I also gave birth to my son in the old hospital and this new one is so nice. I am thankful we have this resource available to us and other communities also.

Today was the first day of my week off. I made No Bake Cookies and baked Snickerdoodle's. I also made a bowl of potato salad for a co-workers retirement tomorrow. I know you are thinking, that's nice but when I say I made a bowl of potato salad, I used 10 pounds of potatoes and a dozen eggs. Not sure who is going to be at this party so I told the girls at work I would make a huge bowl of potato salad. Another friend is making potato casserole and someone else is going to make baked beans. We are having a covered dish lunch with more food brought in from other co-workers, along with brisket and chicken wings. It's always fun and should be nice.

The cookies I made today though is for our Thanksgiving dinner. Hopefully tomorrow I will make chocolate chip cookies and also want to make Oatmeal cookies. Oatmeal are my favorites. Josh, Brandon and Terry likes all the rest. Of course I've never seen a one of them turn down a homemade cookie!!! No matter what kind!!!

Tonight we went to our hospital to visit a friend that had a minor surgery. Terry went to school with him and they are good friends. His wife was like a year below them in school so all three of them are good friends. Anyway, they were talking about someone that had passed away. We were talking about the two funeral homes here in this community that we get email notifications for the obituaries. I said, isn't it sad that we check the obituaries to see who has passed away and love the fact that we can get notifications when someone passes. I told them I also check the funeral home down in Osceola and have been known to check the funeral homes obituaries in Clinton. It seems the older I get the more people I know pass away and I want to be able to pay my respects for the person and do not want to miss the notification.

It's going to busy tonight on TV. MU is playing Notre Dame in basketball. Chiefs are playing the Patriots. Terry is going to be switching from game to game. Then at 8:30 I am going to want to watch Mike and Molly. Love my comedy sitcoms. That show cracks me up!!!

Speaking of sports I was saddened when I heard the young man that plays professional baseball for the Seattle Mariners was stabbed to death in the Netherlands. They believe it was his brother. Wow. Bless his heart and bless his families heart.

Of course I get tired and am totally appalled at the police point blank pepper spraying those students that were protesting in California because of high tutions. Why don't they do that to Fred Phelps and WBC??? Pepper spray them everytime they go to protest a soldiers funeral??? Grrrr. Don't get me started on all that. I get tired of bad news but then again I want to stay a breast on current events. What's a girl to do???

Welp, going to go in and finish cleaning up the kitchen. I love to cook but not so much on the cleaning up. It's okay though, it could be alot worse and it has been. Talk to you guys later.

Oh my gosh!!! Terry is on the internet and he is telling me they have doggy flu shots. He'll have Lamar at the vet in the morning if I let him!!! LOL.



1 comment:

  1. You hit a LOT of different catagories with this blog! I started counting but when I bent over to remove my shoes I hurt my back and had to quit. LOL

    ReplyDelete