My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Monday, January 2, 2012

Wonder When???



<br />

You know, Terry and I were heading to Belton today to look at some things I had seen the other day and we had Paul McCartney and Wings CD in the CD player and both of us were singing our lungs out to Band on the Run and various other songs on the CD. I was just thinking about the pretty day and looking across the countryside at the houses that sit where fields use to be. Terry also commented that 71 highway is changing to an Interstate here pretty quick and told me the name it is going to take but I never can remember. Mainly because it doesn't matter to me that much, just like when Blunt decided to change the name of all those State University's. UCM will always be CMSU and MSU will always be SMS. Hard to get an old dog to change!!! LOL. Anyway we took old 71 Highway home and my eyes were following the old railroad tracks along the side of the highway. The tracks are gone but the mound where they ran is still up. Plus alot of the bridges are still there that the train went across. As we were approaching Pecuilar I thought about a horrific wreck that happened, maybe 19-20 years ago. A young mother and her children, along with a friend was heading to Belton on the old highway and they were killed on the first curve. It was a head on collision, can't remember the details, just that. Someone had put a beautiful memorial at that corner, a homemade billboard with the pictures of the victims and also had flowers, stuffed animals and such there. I was going to see if their memorial was still standing at the curve and I forgot, to busy looking where the train use to run. Anyway I got to thinking, I wonder how old those children would have been along with the mother and friend. Also, have they been forgotten by the community and only remembered by family and close friends.

I go back to Springfield tomorrow to start back to work on Wednesday. I enjoy my time off and love, love, love coming home for the weekends but sometimes I am so ready to get back to a routine. I'm going to up my exercise regime up some. Going to walk 30 minutes this week instead of the 15 I did last week. I felt like I could up it some because I didn't feel I was working myself hard enough. I will also take my shoes to work and walk at lunch time too. Just to get away from the desk. I start getting really stiff and sore when I sit at the computer all day long. Alot of the time I don't even leave my desk for lunch, I work right through and plan not to do that anymore either. I've got to do something different and this is a start.

Terry and I have a wedding to go to Saturday in Springfield. I've been looking for something to wear and think I have figured it out. Terry got his stuff together too. The wedding is for a really good friend of the family and I am looking forward to attending. They are such a nice family and I really enjoy Michael's mom and dad. Brandon considers them his family too because they opened their home to him when he needed them the most and they love him so much too. When Terry and I went over to their house for the Super Bowl with Brandon last year, she told me she had heard so many good things about me from Brandon. LOL. Really nice people.

Trying to make an appointment if I can for this week to get my hair colored and trimmed. I wish it wasn't so dang expensive but oh well. I'll pay to keep me from wacking it up. I use to cut my own bangs until one time I wacked them really bad and my beautician scolded me telling me that it only cost $4 for a bang trim. Needless to say, I never took another pair of scissors to my own hair. I don't color my hair either, God only knows what that would look like.

A friend bought herself a LCD/HD 47" flat screen TV with a Blu Ray DVD recorder for her birthday/Christmas present and it is really nice. I went over to see it and while I was visiting I told her I could spend unlimited money at Nebraska Furniture Mart and Hobby Lobby. LOL. I like those stores.

I just keep hoping my husband wins those lottery tickets that he keeps buying. Powerball and Scratch off's. $208 million or so would be hard to handle now, wouldn't it. Someone said yeah but you'd only get half. Okay??? Think I could still live off of $100 million.

Better sign off. It's getting late and I'm getting ready to go ten toes up!!! Talk to you later.




1 comment:

  1. Well sounds like you had a nostalgic trip down memory lane! It's fun to do that esp playing your cd and booking around...yeah....nice blog...pkf

    ReplyDelete