My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Saturday, January 28, 2012



<br />



Had fun last night with the girls. Really didn't want to go, wanted to just stay home and veg out but I had already committed myself and what is a girl to do??? :o) My present I ended up with is the coolest solar gazing ball with a hummingbird theme. I love hummingbirds. They remind me of my Aunt Jo when I went out and saw her, the last year she was with us. She passed away a month or so after my niece Renada and I were out there to see her at my cousin Carol's house out by Seattle in a small town called Granite Falls. Carol and Dick have a BEAUTIFUL home at the base of the mountains and Carol had the deck beautifully decorated with bird feeders, fountains, flowers and seating where Aunt Jo could sit out on the deck and watch the birds, wildlife and just enjoy nature. It was in June when we were there and of course Carol had hummingbird feeders hanging around the deck. At all times there were at least one hummingbird that would come and enjoy the wonderful necter that Carol kept in the feeders for them. You never saw more than one and Jo was so extremely worried because she thought all the hummingbirds had left and this sole hummingbird was alone. She wondered why all the hummingbirds had left this hummingbird. Me, always wanting to signify the reason something is happening in someone's life put this sole hummingbird as Aunt Jo. She was the last of the Woods girl's alive in her mid 90's. My mom, Carol's mom and Aunt Nina had passed away along with Grandma and Grandpa Woods both of Aunt Jo's brothers too. She was the only one left, everyone else had already prepared for the journey and moved on. Why was she left and everyone else already gone??? She was in good health and it was such a surprise to hear of her passing. I took her death the worse, she was the last of that generation to pass on and I realized now it was my turn to pass their legacy on to the next generation. Those Woods girl's were a very classy, special, breed and I am proud to carry on with their legacy!!!

Tonight is the Wild Beast Feast (WBF) that our church sponser's every year. The food is fabulous and so much fun to hang out. They also have a whole hog roasted along with all kinds of wild game!!! Josh won't make it because he is going to a country/western concert but if he wasn't he'd probably be all over it. Terry is going with me and several friends will be there too. I am writing this as the day is going on so I will add more later. I need to go so I can fix foods for tonight. Chocolate Cream Pie and also Potato Casserole. Yummy, yum, yum!!!

Well, we went to the WBF and the food was fabulous and saw a bunch of people that I know and hadn't seen like forever. I ended up making a Lemon meringue pie and the potato casserole. Larry Dablemont was the speaker tonight and he was hilarious and very good. He is a writer and Naturalist. He has a blog and also a website if you would like to read it, I suggest you check it out. He is very, very interesting. His website is http://larrydablemontoutdoors.blogspot.com/ Check it out, you'll enjoy it.

We are sitting here watching "O Brother Where Art Thou". That and Forrest Gump has to be two of my many favorite movies. It is hilarious and I truly enjoy the music. George Clooney is such a sweetheart anyway. I want to go see his movie that is out now, "The Decendants" but we forget about it. We need to get in the habit of going to the movie more but it seems like all I want to do is stay home on the weekends.

Heading to bed. Gotta get up in the morning to watch my all time favorite show "Sunday Morning" and then go to church. Sunday dinner consists of Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and something else, not sure what. Talk to you tomorrow.




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a really good time and made and ate some delicious food and got to see all your friends...that's great!!

    ReplyDelete