Today I was reading a blog that a friend of mine's friend wrote. All I can say is WOW and what a testimony from someone. I seriously cannot feel sorry for myself long when I read something like this!!! Hope to hear more from him. To read for yourself click on BLOG. It will definately make you think twice about yourself.
Josh's Great Aunt, Aunt Fern, has always gotten me a subscription to Guidepost every Christmas and continued after I left his dad. I always liked Aunt Fern and she liked me too. She is Josh's Grandma's sister and Aunt Fern is probably in her upper 80's by now if not older. She was alot older than Margaret but I can't remember how much older. Margaret is in her 70's so there ya go. Anyway after Aunt Fern passes I hope to keep the tradition of the magazine for myself and for someone else. Sometimes I don't read them when I get them and then I sit down as I did this afternoon and read two issues from cover to cover one afternoon. The stories are very good and inspirational. In the January 2012 issue the cover story is "My Spiritual Vocabulary" by Debbie Macomber which is adapted from her book "One Perfect Word". She speaks that each year she takes a word and uses them in her prayers, written about them in her journals and discussed them with her friends. She says that they have shaped her spiritual path. Some of the words she has chosen to focus on have been trust, hunger, prayer and hope.
When I was reading this article I was thinking that the two words that come to my mind that seems to always show up is Believe and Imagine. It was so strange, today as I was driving down here to Springfield a car passed me heading the same direction as I was going and the car was from Nebraska. The liscense plate said BLEEVE. I was like, cool that says Believe. Then I was driving along and evidently they had pulled off somewhere because they passed me but again and there was that liscense plate. BLEEVE. I am going to pray about this and hopefully will be good enough to keep the word in my life the entire year.
Well, it's happened. Terry has my cold and I feel so sorry for him because I know how miserable I was. I made a big pot of pinto beans and ham hocks today in the crock pot and made him some cornbread. We both love Jiffy Cornbread Mix. I know it isn't diet friendly or good for him either but it is oh so good. I made it in my deep dish Pampered Chef pie plate and it was like a cake. I am sure he probably had more tonight because that is the way we roll. LOL.
Going back to work tomorrow. Part of me is happy about it and the other part of me is not. Lots of stuff going on and lots of changes but it is okay. Some days are good and some not so much.
I will talk to you guys tomorrow though. Take care.
Every work day isn't a good day for you? Every day at work for me is a great day. NOT!!!
ReplyDelete