WOW!!! Today my walking buddy wasn't going to be able to come and walk with me so I decided to go ahead and go on down to the fitness center without her. I walked 30 minutes at 3.0 (I guess it's mph, I don't know) incline between 3.0 and 2.5 and walked off 208 calories. ROCK ON!!! I still only walk a mile and a half for 30 minutes and will keep that up until I walk 2 miles for 30 minutes. I am here to tell you, this little fat girl was sweating and huffing and puffing. I'm only weighing myself once a week on Sunday. My girlfriend has a really, really nice digital scale and I like weighing on it. I weighed last Sunday and wept profusely until she kicked me out of her house. LOL. I'm not going to say I am going to loose weight because I always find it so I am just saying I am working on a healthier lifestyle that unfortunately I am going to have to live with for the rest of my life but that's okay.
I went to Stockton MO today to speak at a Community meeting they had. I love listening to different services that communities have and the different agencies that cover them. VA has a mobile clinic that comes to Bolivar at the VFW building for veterans that usually have to go to KC, Columbia, Fayetteville AR, or Mount Vernon now don't have to travel. They still go to the hospitals when needed but this mobile unit is their primary care doctor along with they can get their labs and such. Then there was another lady there that she helps people go to work that are on disability and won't lose their benefits. She works for Social Security. I think my favorite is Kriesler Drug store that is in Clinton, Adrian and Appleton City will bring medications to individuals that do not have the gas money to go get their own drugs. They will bring the van to the St. Clair County health department at a certain time and if the person isn't there to pick up their meds they won't leave them at the health department but they will come back when the person can come and pick them up. There was a little guy there that was hilarious. He is over the Senior Community building in Stockton. They fed us lunch at this building and it was the nutritionist from the hospital that fed everyone and she made a homemade banana cake that was to die for. (Thank goodness for the 208 calories I walked off) Anyway, the little old man said who ever made that cake can donate another one to our cake walk at our fund raiser and I'll make sure it gets there. He said this with a twinkle in his eye and a little bit of snide in his remark. It was so funny.
A couple of the ladies that were there worked for West Central Community Action Agency and came up to see if I could speak to some of their residents and while I was talking to them I asked if they knew Kay Miller. I knew Kay works for WCCAA for the housing department and they go oh my yes!!! I said well tell her hello for me, I'm her cousin but don't hold that against me. They said, well you must know her sister Karen Minnick. Them Snyder girls have to be a couple of the nicest people in the world, heck the whole family is. Their grandpa (Flay Snyder) and my dad (Aubrey Thompson) were 1st cousins. Flay's mom and dad's dad (my grandpa) were brother and sister. Pretty cool how that works out. Flay and his wife Dimple lived across the creek from us. Mom use to say they are family, friends and neighbors....just in that order!!!
You know, I don't want to wish bad weather on us but we really need a good freeze and snow one of these days soon. If not, the bugs are going to be the size of bald eagles and our allergies are going to be terrible. I don't want ice but snow is fine. We'll just have to wait and see but they are talking 60* weather this weekend. WOW!!!
Watching the KU/K State game while I am typing this. Not paying alot of attention but see where KU are kicking some bootie. I love watching them boys play. I watched and rooted for KU for 20 years and my son and I still love them. One of these days I would like to go see them play but don't know if I want to be within all that noise. Maybe just once. My husband probably just got a nervous twitch and has no idea. He is a BIGTIME MU fan. I enjoy watching them play too but it's not the same. Basketball and baseball are the sports I enjoy, have a little problem with keeping up with football but I watch it.
Well, guess I will go. Not tired tonight, that is one thing good about doing exercise right after I get off work...it gives me energy. Talk to you guys later.
M-I-Z-Z-O-U!
ReplyDeleteWow John is a monumental Missou fan and will prob faint when he reads you love KU! Ask him abt his KU sweatsuit!!!
ReplyDelete&^#%##%$*()*&^&%&$&^(&*&$^#^$*&&)*(()(^*&%$#^%
ReplyDelete