Friday the 13th followed by Full Moon Monday. Is this a sign of the end of the world??? Should we be running around screaming "The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling" I remember as a little girl and hearing the end of the world was just around the corner I asked my mom if this was true. She told me, I have heard that all my life and it still hasn't happened and if it is going to happen all I can say is sobeit!!! Be prepared people. Live your life as if so and as a bumper sticker I so loved one time read, "Look busy, Jesus is coming!!!"
Watched the Extreme Makeover Joplin Rebuilds tonight and brought back so many memories to me. I was in that town a week later. I had been there on the Friday before the tornado working and when I heard about the tornado I thought about the people I had went and seen two days before. I wondered how they were, if they escaped, where they were now. One apartment building I had gone to was in the middle where the tornado had hit. I especially thought about that young lady. I mailed letters to Joplin that week after the tornado to make sure that someone was actually there. The town was to nuts for me to even consider going to. The young lady called me, she had been at her mom's when the tornado hit and was living there. Her apartment building had been hit but wasn't leveled like so many places were. I was so glad she was okay.
My friends that I have acquired through working were all okay. Praise God and then one week later I had to go tell a young man he was HIV positive. He was in his 20's. He lived with his brother and his brothers wife. People have various reactions when I tell them their status and this young man didn't take it good at all. I felt so sorry for him, because he worked like one block from the hospital that was hit and devastated. Unreal, his business was not touched and blocks all around everything was devastated. It was a McDonald's Restaurant in the middle of devastation. He said he wasn't at work when the tornado hit but there was so much confusion, fear, and total uncertainity after the tornado that I thought to myself, this poor kid. He survived a horrific storm, he still has a job but in his eyes, I just gave him his death sentence. I often wonder about the poor kid and wonder where he is and what he is doing.
All the trash and debree is gone but there is still so much that needs to be done. There are still shell of houses and blocks and blocks of empty lots. No trees, no life, nothing. It is still sad. Still pray for these people, they still need so much. The FEMA trailer parks aren't safe and won't be forever. I worked a diaster building that the State had for the individuals to come and get answers. The Attorney Generals office was the busiest. They were trying to get justice for these people because unfortunately the scum of the earth was out to make a dollar off of these poor people. There were an older couple that came in, both retired. Someone had rebuild their roof and charged them $50,000 and their house still wasn't liveable. Needless to say the Attorney Generals office was all over that but it made me so mad that these scums were taking advantage of these poor people. Them and the looters made me mad too.
Well, I can go on and on about all this but I am so thankful I didn't loose any friends and my friends didn't loose any family members in this tornado. So, so scary.
Got on the scales when I got here today and have lost again but of course after a supper of homemade Chicken and Noodles, Mashed Potatoes and Corn....we don't know. Of course after the potato chip sabatage I was okay so I guess another week of exercise and eating right will be okay. No sweets though so there ya go.
Well, all I can say now is....Peace Out!!!
Wow sounds like your exercise/diet regimen is working great! So terrible for Joplin....pkf
ReplyDelete"He will come like a thief in the night." Kind of like me and the refrigerator, except I think the refrigerator knows when I am coming. It always turns a light on for me. LOL Peace out! :)
ReplyDelete