The last couple of nights I have had an annoying cough at night. Not productive or anything just cough, cough, cough. This morning I woke up feeling like I am coming down with something and have this tightness, tickle in my chest. During church I took some of the wintergreen mints they offer in a bowl and sucked on them. I sang with "a Joyous Noise" but
didn't really feel it even though we sang some of my favorite songs. Josh came by after church and I warmed up the Chicken and Noodles from Friday night and made some more mashed potatoes and made green beans but nothing really tasted outstanding to me. Just cleaned up the kitchen and still feel like something is coming my way that I really don't want. Yuck!!!
Going to take some medicine to nip this crap in the bud early!!!
Woke up this morning in time to watch my favorite show in the whole wide world....Sunday Morning on CBS. If you have never seen it before you are in for a treat. It starts at 8 and is over at 9:30, that is CST, and it is a delight. They cover stories that you don't even think of. Everything from the origin to Hot Chocolate to talking to Steven Spielberg on the
making of War Horse. They also did stories on the Nuclear Weapons of Iraq and how the Stealth is equipped with a bomb that will be able to stop anything. You never know what they are going to talk about or who they are going to talk to but it's always good. Believe me.
Carole and I went to church and as always, set in our regular chairs. LOL. Our church is doing some awesome things. They are having what they call a Car Care Ministry. This ministry will provide $10 oil changes, minor maintenance and repairs for senior citizens and single mom's in our church and community. For more information you can call Patrick Stewart at
258-2277 or our preacher Mike Bates at 456-5711. Mike said the $10 was negotiable if it would be a hardship on the person and they are offering oil change, minor repairs, checking fluids and so on. I know there was a time I would have jumped at that opportunity. I hate going to Wal=Mart or wherever to get that done and really hated it when I didn't have the money.
Another really cool thing we are doing is The Wild Beast Feast. Kurzweils Meats will also donate a whole hog for the food too. The best duck I ever had was at this event a couple years ago. I don't like duck at all but they deep fat fried it in one of those turkey friers and it wasn't greasy or yucky at all. There is a ton load of food and it is all good. The
event will be held in the Garden City Community Building, the doors open at 5pm with the meal beginning at 6pm on January the 28th. Outdoor writer Larry Dablemont will be the guest speaker and there will be door prizes to give away. They also said that there would be various vendors there too. It is a fun time with good food and you get to see lots of people. Some you never saw before in your entire life.
Looking through the internet for things to tag for Pinterest and look at what I found. Yummy, yum, yum, yum. Never met a sheet cake I didn't like but it's not on my new eating regime right now.
Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
by Nina Jones
Mix in pan and bring to a boil:
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
Sift the following and add to the above mixture:
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
Mix and add to the above mixture:
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
Stir well and pour into greased or parchment lined cookie sheet pan (jellyroll pan). Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
Frosting
Mix in pan and bring to a boil:
3/4 cup butter
6 Tbsp buttermilk
1/2 cup peanut butter
Take off stove and add:
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp vanilla. Pour over warm cake.
Well, the sheet cake was tempting but I ended up making us a couple of banana smoothie's and they were excellent. We were fooled into believing we were eating banana milk shakes. Next time I am going to be putting some peanut butter in mine. We got a Ninja mixer for our wedding and I have used it a sometimes but will be using it more from now on. Terry is going to be eating alot of delicious smoothies from this time on.
I am so happy right now. I am watching the Golden Globes and they have recognized one of my all time favorite actors, Morgan Freeman. To me he is a good man, good actor and just a good person. Sidney Portier gave him an awesome recognition.
Well, I am going to post this and watch the rest of the Golden Globes. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

Sounds like you are having a chest cold coming on...I felt like you in the beginning and went through it for a week...sounds like you made good smoothies...recipes for them???
ReplyDelete