Came home tonight and decided I was going to make some hobo stew. If any of you don't know what that is it is vegetable soup with hamburger instead of beef. I had some hamburger I fried up last week, drained and froze it. I got the hamburger out, poured in a can of drained corn, can of undrained peas, a bag of frozen french cut green beans, 2 jars of my home canned tomatoes, celery, potatoes and put it on medium heat. Was going to let the stuff cook up and then have a bowl of stew. Well, I sat down in the recliner and fell asleep. Thank goodness Josh texted me when he did and woke me up. I went over to the stove and all the liquid had cooked out of it. It wasn't sticking yet but was dangerously close. I put a cup of water in it, stirred it up and ate a bowl. OMG, it was good. No soup or stew but the flavor was out of this world. I loved it. I am going to freeze the rest of it and eat it next week for lunch.
Tomorrow I get to go home and then Tuesday is payday. Yeah!!! Terry has been sick, sick, sick with what I had and I feel so sorry for him because I know exactly how he feels. It is so miserable. Number one your head feels like it is going to explode and then the worn out congested feeling. It's terrible. I am feeling somewhat better but still feel worn out. I only worked out a couple of times this week but hopefully I will be able to hit it. My clothes are fitting alot better and today my pants were loose. Means I am going to have to hit the garage sales and thrift stores before to much longer except I still have the clothes when I lost all that weight before. Can't wait to be able to start wearing some of them again. Yeah me!!! Gotta toot my own horn but absolutely not fishing for compliments.
I bought me a plant yesterday at Aldi's and it has brightened up my little world so much. It is a primrose, I have never tried growing them but have had incredible luck with African Violets and Orchids so probably can grow this too. They were only $0.99 and were just beautiful. I need to repot it and will bring a pot up from home this weekend. I am going to start migrating some of my plants down here from home anyway. I love, love, love my plants. Thinking about maybe getting a fish aquarium. I like watering my plants with the tank water when it gets time to clean the tank. I use to buy fertilizer that was fish emulsion and this is alot like that. We'll see.
I'd also like to get a pet but don't know if I really want one or not. The hassel of leaving them at the apartment all day and potty training, litterbox training and whatever else. Probably won't and I truly get my pet fix when I get home but I miss them too. It's cool having them around you all the time when you are home. We'll see on that one too.
I can't believe that January is almost over and February is just around the corner. Before we know it winter will be over and we will be in tornado season. I hate tornado's with a passion!!! They can be so scary and with Joplin's tornado last year, anything can happen within a drop of a hat.
Well, that's about it in a nutshell. I am going to have to get all worked up on a topic soon or I will loose my audience. LOL. Well, maybe not but don't want you guys to bore of me. I need to spruce up my blog though. It's starting to bore me bigtime. After I dinked with it and screwed it all up it hasn't been the same. Oh well.
With that note I am going to leave you with a little smooth jazz. I love me some Kenny G sometimes too!!!
Sounds like you're in a rut.....but love going home and lose it fast at home....
ReplyDeletePaula makes that from time to time also but we have always just called it hamburger stew. Just had it last week as a matter of fact.
ReplyDeleteWhat do you mean winter will be over? Didn't know it was here yet. LOL