Being the first day of the year, the weather was nice. Not as nice as yesterday, the temps then was 60*, todays temps were in the 40's but the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day to be alive. Of course any day is really a beautiful day to be alive but today was good.
I didn't get up and go to church this morning. My friend and I go together and if one of us don't go the other one doesn't. That's bad because we both enjoy our church so much but it's easier to do when we do it together. I still fixed lunch and Terry cleaned the kitchen for me. I came in and sat down after I finished and told him when he got done I'd clean the kitchen. I was messing on the computer and all of a sudden I realized the dishwasher was running and realized he'd already cleaned my kitchen for me. Pretty nice.
He was watching the football game and I thought I'd lay on the couch, watch the game with him and go downstairs to start organizing some things, plus water the plants. Well two hours later once I woke up from my "nap" I was like, yeah, I don't care about organizing anything!!! Josh then called and came up. I ordered delivery pizza and he ate and then went home. He's pretty tired for someone that only drank water all night last night while jamming with his friends on his guitar. I've had the same thing happen to me. LOL.
Not much happened. I did run out to WalMart to pick up a few things today. I go out there to realize how much I don't like that store but when it is the only store in town, what do you do? There was a sweetheart of a little lady at the checkout counter and I visited with her while I checked out. As I was leaving, there was a sweetie pie of a door greeter lady too. I handed her my cart and she thanked me, wishing me a Happy New Year. Went out to the car and realized I'd left my billfold at the counter. I rushed back in with my sacks and went up to the doorgreeter lady and said, "I left my billfold at the counter, do you want me to leave my sacks with you?" She said, "No dear run, hurry, run get your billfold." I thanked her and the little lady at the counter had my billfold. She goes with relief in her voice, "I was hoping you'd notice before you went home." and the other lady when I showed her I got my billfold she was also relieved. I then realized that no matter how much I can't stand WalMart, there are sweet, sweet little ladies that work there that are thankful to have a job.
My football loving husband is watching the Giants spank the Cowboys. 21-0. Wow. Chiefs won today but Terry informed me it was their last game of the season. They played the Bronco's. I'm not sure if you've watched Saturday night live but last week or so they did a skit making fun of Tebow. We can pray without making a production of it and I believe he needs to cool it a little. One part of the bible said something to the fact of don't make a production of your praying. Can't remember where, the exact wording or anything about it but it is like a little boy told me one time. His Grandma was there and he was talking about starting kindergarten in a public school. He goes they tell us there is no praying in school but I pray all the time, they just don't know it!!!
Wow, I am watching a Ford commercial and they say that the Fusion gets 33 MPG. That's what my Focus gets. They are saying the new Focus' get 40MPG. Double wow. We are going to upgrade my car in a year or so and I am looking already. I do alot of driving in my job and have to have something dependable. I've put 31,000 miles on my car this year, but of course it did go to Memphis this summer too.
Well, with that all said, I'm going to say good night. Talk to you guys later.
You are probably referring to Matthew 6:5-7. That is the one I mostly remember anyway.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful day and you stopped and smelled the roses with the two little ladies at Wal Mart, how gracious!
ReplyDelete