Before I start this, let me warn you....I am on that dreaded soap box but again!!! Surprised I haven't lost more of you when I get on here then I have. Of course I don't know who I loose or who I gain but by looking at some of my stats around the world, I'm a popular item in Russia. LOL. There is a tag that will show you where some of your hits are and with Germany I wasn't surprised. I like to think it is my little friend Yolanda, her and her family are over there. She was one of Josh's classmates and I love Yo. She's really, really cool but who knows. I'm thinking Hoppie (Another one of Josh's classmates that is a good, good friend of his Josh Hopkins) is checking me out over in Afghanistan too.
Enough is enough. Stepping back up on the soap box, the topic on hand is gun control. We were watching the nightly news and another Sonic was robbed in the KC area by gunpoint. There have been several robberies within the last few weeks in the KC area with Sonic's being targeted. My husband is an avid believer in gun control and I have a different opinion of it. I told him I understood what he was saying but didn't see how that would take care of the problem of robberies and murders. He said make it against the law for them to get the guns. Well, here I go but the ones that are killing and causing robberies are not getting their guns legally 9 times out of 10. He said make the laws if they are caught stealing or killing put them in prison for life. I explained to him once again that so many that have committed a crime are doing it to get back in prison. Did you see Shawshank Redemption??? I don't know how many times when I was working the prison's after the inmates got out they would commit another crime bigger and badder, to get back in. They go into the system because they have it made, their healthcare is paid for, food is there, some go back for shelter, to "dry out", for safe refuge because someone on the streets is going to kill them.
I'm thinking if it is on the store video that you did it then take you in and just shoot you point blank. Problem solved. No more killing or robbery done by you. You walk into a shopping mall pull a gun and shoot two people and your on the store surveillance video. Pick you up, take you to jail, go to the back of the jail, shoot and kill you. Problem solved.
Your caught raping and beating up either an old woman, a child or a man or woman... Pick you up, cut your balls and weinie off, hang you over a mosquito infested river and let the mosquito's eat you alive and if that doesn't do the trick then when you are hanging by your last breath of life, cut the rope and let the catfish finish you up. Problem solved.
Or have a prison system like that ole boy down in Texas or Arizona or wherever it is. Bring the chain gang back. Don't make the prison's look so welcoming to them. No luxuries, no TV, computer...oh well. That's my spill. I could go on and on but I don't feel good tonight so I'm making it short.
Was going to go back down to Springfield today but I got to feeling worse during the afternoon. I have a doctor's appointment for tomorrow morning at 9, will go there and then head down to Springfield. Thank you to Paula and Craig for the ideas. I went out and bought the Mucinex DM today and when I get back to Springfield I am going to run by Mama Jean's and pick up Sambucol Black Elderberry Cold & Flu Relief Quick Dissolve Tablets. Always good to have all in the cabinet. I just need to go to the dr anyway and this gives me an excuse because I suck at going to the dr.
Josh called me today and he is sick with the pooping and puking flu. I'm not sure if that's it or his body is saying, Dude, seriously you need to start taking better care of me. He told me that today and I told him I was proud to hear him say that and that he was smart enough to realize.
I'm heading off of here. I'm tired and feel like ran over crap. However ran over crap is suppose to feel. Talk to you guys later. Love ya all!!!
Happy 90th bday to Betty White and Happy 70th to Mohammad Ali.
Girl it sounds like you have what I had and hopefully you will feel better soon. Nothing worse than being miserable and having to go to work. I agree with you abt the gun issue....have a great tonight and tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteI agree that people that want a gun will always be able to get one so gun contol will mostly only affect the law abiding citizens. I don't agree with being able to carry though. There are too many law abiding citizens that have too quick of tempers. There are guys at my work that are basically really good guys that carry and they have absolutely NO business having a gun on them. LOL
ReplyDelete