When I sit and reflect upon my day, I am like Wow, I did that and talked to those people. I wish sometimes that we could be left alone to do what we need to do in our own timeframe. Sometimes you don't make an impact last year when you were with your client and then all of a sudden, out of the blue, you recieve a phone call from them. They cannot afford their meds because their insurance will not cover it and co pay is over $500. I am working to help this person out and I will do what I can do to help them.
Today was an interesting day. I spent all day in Joplin MO. It is such a sad town, trying to rebuild after the horrific tornado. I am not sure they will ever get back everything they lost. You drive down the street and along the sidewalks are concrete steps leading up to empty lots that use to have homes on them and trees. The next block from this empty space are new homes going up. Then among the new homes you will see a vacant 3 story older home, with the windows still blown out from the storm. Everytime I see the town I think of this song. Not sure why, maybe it's because it is one of my favorites or maybe just because...
My audience is awaiting me so I guess I will get off of here. It was an emotional day for me. Not sure if it is because of lack of a good nights sleep, the material I was dealing with today or just because I sometimes feel emotionally drained. I'm really okay. Just one of those days. Talk to you tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment