Age, date of birth, account numbers, expiration dates, 20% off, 60% off, address, last four digits of your social security number, phone numbers, gas prices, grocery prices, sale prices, drivers liscense numbers, mileage.....it goes on and on and on. Can you see where I am heading yet with this topic? Numbers. When did our lives become so involved with numbers? Maybe it always has been but in my earlier life I didn't notice, or care. Not that I really care now but for someone that is number remembering challenged, it can be overwhelming. I know my social by heart and of couse my date of birth but the rest is a challenge for me. I barely remember my own phone number let alone the two other phones that I have for work. I am a proud owner of three phones and to remember those, let alone a fax number too. Yeah, it's a challenge.
I do pretty good remembering birthdates of my immediate family and my two granddaughters, but get outside of that realm and I am toast. Talking about the three telephones I am the proud owner of, I also have two addresses to remember. I can remember this one in Harrisonville but my address in Springfield, yeah, no I can't remember that....let alone what apartment I live in.
Before my tenure at the State, I was a bookkeeper for a tax office and a propane company. Balancing out books and finding errors I enjoyed. Those numbers are fun, and also math, algebra and such. I don't mind that but memorizing numbers isn't real good for me. I still struggle a little with the multiplication table. 7's and 8's are the biggest challenge. LOL. I know, I'm a mess.
I have one other weakness besides numbers and that would be that I am direction illiterate. Yeah, that will be another blog. Just give me right or left, none of this north or south, east or west. Just saying.
Got a surprise text from Brandon this morning, they are having their Chinese New Year right now. He said that the fireworks had been going off all day long. I told him at first I thought he was in a war zone or something. Him and his dad Skyped the other day and talked for over 3 hours, they both told me it was a good conversation. Sometimes we just need that. I know when Josh was little, staying at mom's he had a special place on her kitchen cabinet that he would sit and just talk to her about his day and such. Him and I would have those special moments also, I loved that time when they just want to talk to you.
Josh is doing good right now. They are working 10 hour days and last week he put in 60 hours. Tonight when he came home he said he was worn slick. He really likes this job but 6 ten hour days can make an old man out of you fast, but of course he is only 25. Now if this 56 year old fat little lady tried that they would have to put me in traction. Nope, couldn't handle it.
Terry is watching basketball, guess we are gearing up for the Big 12, even though his team MU will be in the SEC instead. He just told me Missouri and Texas A & M left the conference. Guess Nebraska and Colorado left a couple years ago. Bless his heart, he tries so hard to educate me on sports. I like basketball and baseball though and understand those games, just not so much on football. Of course I don't remember all the key players on the teams unless I think they are cute. Billy Butler of the Royals, I like him even though he is the designated hitter. Ole' Country Breakfast. I have yet to figure out why they call him that but I do know that him and his wife do some awesome charity work in and around KC. Good people.
Been doing laundry all day and getting ready to finish. Going to get off here and finish up supper dishes and relax for the evening. As always I hope I can stay up for SNL aka Saturday Night Live. They crack me up!!!
Stay Classy
No comments:
Post a Comment