You may not think that the world needs you, but it does,
For you are unique like no one that has ever been before or will come after,
No one can speak with your voice, say your piece, smile your smile or shine your light,
No one can take your place, for it's yours alone to fill,
If you are not there to shine your light , who knows how many travelers will lose their way as they try to pass by your empty place in the darkness.
So, YOU go out and shine and let the world know the difference you make!
Growing up in a small community brought many an awesome person in my life and this inspirational piece came from an icon of my childhood. Ruby Neuenschwander. I knew Ruby and her husband Amos very well. They always had a smile on their face and a kind word every time I saw them. They were strong supporters of my dad when he was in the nominated County office during his life. Growing up, I admired their two daughters Cindy and Sara Gay. They were older than me and I thought they were the coolest. So beautiful, talented and smart. They were much older than I so I never could dub them as friends but since we have graduated and grown up I can truly say, Cindy is a dear friend of mine.
Ruby has recently passed away as so many from my childhood have done. Cindy posted this today on FaceBook. As they are going through the memorbilia in their parents house, she said her mom carried this piece of paper in her wallet. This did not surprise me at all. It sounds so much like Ruby.
I am closing this piece off with a picture of my Great Great Niece. Taylor is in 2nd Grade and is reading to Otis. One of his job responsibilities in the classroom is to listen to the children read....Taylor's mama Christal said that Taylor LOVES Otis. How cool is that for the school to have a reading buddy like that. Such an awesome incentive to get children to read.


No comments:
Post a Comment