I found out today at work how important friends are. No matter how bad something feels or seems, friends are the ones that get mad because of the injustice that is served on you, they are the ones that have you laughing at yourself and the situation and they just understand. The last couple of days have been tough but tonight things seem a little better. I have a lot of good, good friends at work and also away from work. I realize how lucky I am.
I posted that picture along with that phrase tonight on Facebook and it brought back so many memories of my younger days of when I moved back to MO and made new friends. We use to pile up in one or two vehicles and go to all kinds of street dances in the summer and fall. It was so much fun, we'd travel distances to hear the bands and just dance the night away. In the winter when it was to cold for the dances we would all congregate at the bar in Urich, The Town Tavern, and play pool, listen to the jukebox and sometimes the owner Jr Anderson would have fish fries, mountain oyster fry or what ever. There would be a potluck, everyone would bring in a dish and the place would be packed. Of course there has never been a hamburger as good as Jr's and there never will be. Nothing but ground beef and some seasoning but they were delicious. I can still taste them. It was a good place ran by good people. There will never be another Town Tavern like that one.
When we weren't doing that on the weekends we would play Volleyball. Now for those of you that know me, I am not much of a sports player, let alone volleyball. It was a serious game and man, you could get hurt playing. My husband, Josh's dad, was very competitive and him, along with his best friend Bo....you'd better get out of the way because they were going to get that ball no matter what. It was fun though but really more fun to sit on the sidelines and watch.
Bringing up Bo reminds me of a funny story about him. One night there were about three of us out riding around and it was quite late. We decided to run by Bo and Elise's house and get Elise to come and have fun with us. Why we thought she'd want to come with us I'm not sure, especially since she had two little ones, Josh and Andrea. Anyway, we stop by like at 1:30 knocking on the door. All lights are out, no TV on....ya think they were probably in bed??? Well anyway here comes Bo to the door, now visualize this. The only thing he had on was a TUBE SOCK!!! Cracked us up. He goes in his ever famous Bo talk, "I had to put on something, mama wouldn't let me answer the door stark naked!!!" We had some good times.
Well, I'm getting off here. Enjoy life people and make the best of it. It makes for some fun memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment