August 2013, there is going to be a change in our lives. For me, it isn't really going to be that big of a deal but to some it will have a big impact. What that impact could be, I'm not sure but I am sure some are going to be upset because of this big decision. The post office will not be delivering mail on Saturdays. I can see where it will save money for this organization. Wages for the carriers, gas and mileage on the vehicles used to deliver the mail. They say that if you have a post office box you can still pick up your mail, it just won't be delivered to your home or business.
Everytime I think about the post office I think about the individuals that do stamp collecting. Why I have no idea but when I see the beautiful stamps that are available I think of these individuals. I only know one person personally that collects. I have never seen his collection but know he collects. We would talk about it sometimes and I would see him in the post office buying sheets of stamps he didn't have. John Kukovich, my preacher at the Christian Church in Garden City. I really like John as a person, pastor and friend. He made an important impact on my life as a person, as a Christian and as a community servant. He is a good, good man. Also love his daughter Cindy and wife Alma. I didn't know his boys that well but know they are good people too. Anyway, got off the subject there.
My friend dated a guy that had the neatest collection too. Now I saw his and looked at his books and it was so impressive. He had different types of stamp collections but I loved his Disney collection and that is the only one I remember, even though he had volumes and volumes of collections. I once embrodiered a piece that was the Love stamp. I did that while I was pregnant with Josh, for something to do in the evenings when I was sitting there by myself. I'm not sure if I still have it or not. If I do I have no idea where it is packed away at. Be kinda cool if I find it sometime and I might. That's another one of those "one of these days" story.
Tonight is the Grammy's and I can't wait. I am a nerd when it comes to award shows like that. There are a lot of fabulous up and coming artists out right now. I like the sound they are going for now. If I haven't said it or you haven't noticed but I love music. Music soothes the savage soul. I like all but Opera, that's another story, oh and hate music. That's not music that's hate.
If we can't be sure of anything else, we can be sure of change. It happens every day, every second, every moment of our lives. It's okay, if we didn't have change our lives would be boring. Enjoy.


No comments:
Post a Comment