My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Just One Act Of Kindness


As I was coming down here Monday, I realized I needed something to drink. Route 44 Diet Limeaid. I stopped at the Sonic in Clinton and went through the drive-thru. As I was pulling up to the speaker I remembered it was half price drinks during this time of day. I dug through my purse and found no cash at all. I was like great, I went ahead and ordered and she told me my total was going to be $1.24. There was a couple of cars ahead of me and as I kept thinking how I didn't want to use my debit card for a dollar, I remembered something that they say on this Christian radio station that I listen to. Do an act of kindness and pay for the order of the person that is behind you. I did some serious thinking but decided to trust the Lord on this one. When I pulled up to the window I told the cashier I wanted to pay the next person's order. She did not bat an eye, took my card and closed the window. I kept looking at the lady in my rear view window and said a prayer for her. When the cashier gave me back my card she said the ticket for the other order was $.97. I thanked the lady and drove on.

As I was pulling out of the parking lot I thought about all the times I have stopped somewhere to get a drink, something to eat, and not have any money but I wanted or needed something to eat. I have dug in my purse, checked under the car seat, in the console, in the cup holders in my coat pockets. Whatever it took to come up with just a dollar. I don't know if this lady had that moment or not but it makes you feel good when you just do a little act of kindness to someone you don't even know and you will never know if it made an impact on that woman's life or not.

Society has paid me acts of kindness a time or two when I least expected it. It may not have taken the burden off my problems at that moment but it did take a corner off that chunk that made it an easier load to carry. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment