My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Why

Today was a good day. My co-worker Laura and I went to the field together. We traveled approximately 250 miles and it makes it such a good day and field visits are better when we are together. I was really blessed when I came down here and we became co-workers. She is a super person and a wonderful person to know. We laugh because sometimes our clients are a hoot and a hollar. We went to an apartment complex to talk to this guy. He had given blood and needed to be retested because his Syphilis blood showed indeterminate. Meaning that it didn't tell you anything. So, we knock on the door and this gal opens it just a crack. We ask for him and she said yeah he's here. I'll make him come talk to you, he has on more clothes then I do. Then you hear her yell at him, The strippers are here!!! We laughed and he comes to the door. He was a really nice guy and he said yesterday was his birthday and she told him she had gotten him some strippers. You never know what you are going to get yourself into when you knock on these doors.

Busy weekend in store. My All School Reunion is Saturday and we are going to meet tomorrow night at Pizza Glen in Clinton. Come see us if you want, never know who is going to show up. It's always fun though. I can't wait, it is every year at the same time of year.

You know, as Mother's Day approaches it makes me miss my mom but it also makes me proud of the mom I have evolved to be. I am a reflection of a very special lady and I was lucky to have her in my life for 46 years. It will be 10 years in December when she was called home and it doesn't seem like it was that long ago. She was a lady with dignity, class and had a sense of humor that only those closest to her saw. She never had a bad word to say about anyone unless that person did someone in her family wrong. Family was so important to her and we never missed an opportunity to get together for all the holidays. And it was always a huge gathering. I still try to do that with my family I have and it is something that my husband absolutely loves. One time I was talking to her about a family that had put their children on the Orphan Train back in the 1920s. Concern came over her face and she said, I can't imagine anything getting that bad that you would send your children away. Mom was born in 1915 and lived through depression. She was an amazing woman.

Like mom, I cannot understand why anyone would put there children on the back burner. I never missed a program at school for Josh, never missed a baseball, football, basketball game or wrestling match that he was in. I supported him 100%. I guess it depends on how you were raised on how you treat others.

4 comments:

  1. Good post! Paula and I will see you tomorrow at Pizza Glen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait. I'm dragging Terry's behind there too!!!

      Delete
  2. What a horrible thing, this orphan train. I also can not imagine giving up any of my hildren and I also went to everything my children had. Have a great weekend and see you tomorrow at Pizza Glen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, terrible. Can't wait to see you guys!!! Terry will be there too.

      Delete