One thing about it, I like all forms of music. Just not opera, never learned to appreciate that but there is so much good stuff out there. Old and new!!! I have one friend that is only into old country, which is fine but there is so much new talent out there and new music. In this world today you need to keep an open mind and an open heart!!! I know my buddy is going to give me a hard time after I posted this song but oh well. That's how I know he likes me.
Before I get to far into tonight's post I want to mention a very special birthday today that is a holiday for State workers. Harry S. Truman's birthday. Grandview MO even has a fair and all called Truman Days. Not sure what Independence does for him but Grandview hoots and hollers. LOL. Anyway, Happy 128th Harry. You're the bomb!!!
I remember what I was doing and where I was when he died. Mom and I were at my sister's house in Gladstone MO. We spent Christmas' up there more then at home after dad passed away. We use to have them down at our house all the time. We were all sitting around and I remember when they announced it on TV. Funny how you can remember stuff. I would have been a Sophomore in high school at that time.
I'm back down here in Springfield tonight. This weekend is going to be a busy weekend for Terry and I. It is my annual All School Reunion. It's a big deal and I haven't missed a one for quite a few years. My brother use to come to them all the time and so did my sister. Lowry City was small and everyone knew everyone. It will be fun and I can't wait.
Well, getting tired so am going to go to bed. Tomorrow is another day and one day closer to retirement. Talk to everyone later. Oh go Royals, Terry just told me they won. We don't get them down here because as I have said before, this is Cardinals territory. Yeah Royals.

Yeah go Royals! I am so glad you have kept up with your class reunions Glenda, you are a faithful person!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing all my old friends and to make new ones!!!
ReplyDelete