My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Slip Away!!!

you can buy boobs, but you can't fix stupid!!!

No truer words have ever been spoken and I thank my friend Pat for posting that on my Facebook wall today!!! It puts so many things into perspective and sometimes people make Facebook into their diary, spilling out thoughts and things that really nobody cares and all it does is make them look as stupid as they are. I'm like, get a blog if you think you are so smart and life has treated you so badly!!! Post it for the world to see. :o)

Well, I uploaded the picture I took yesterday with my phone and then I went down to the most southwestern county we have in MO. The corner of the state touches Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kansas. It is so beautiful and the town I went to was Lanagan and Noel MO. See what you guys think.

This picture was taken between Vienna MO and Rolla at a roadside park. It was really, really pretty and loved hearing the birds singing and just the peace and quiet of nature.

Then today's pictures.

These pictures were taken as I was driving to Noel MO. It is right outside of Noel to be matter of fact. This highway looks over the Elk River on one side and the bluffs on the other. It is magnificent and I had to drive real slow to take the pictures. I use to go with someone whose family was from that area and we use to go down there all the time. I was bummed because there use to be a beautiful restaurant in a town called Ginger Blue but they have torn it down. The entire backside was glass panels and you could see the river while dining. They also had a motel and I often wondered if the rooms on the back were the same way. How beautiful that would be.

As I was driving in Noel I noticed that they have another restaurant in town that bragged about its river view so I am sure it is more up to date and modern and as nice. The town is something else. It is a tourist stop with camping, canoeing and fishing on the river so they really have it touristy. I will have to go back sometime and check out some of the shops. It was in the late 70's last time I was there so there ya go. I had to go to Lanagan MO and try to get another Syphilis blood off this gal but she wasn't home. I dropped a letter off and had a little time to kill. Since it was almost a 2 hour drive from work. She never did make it home so I headed back to work to finish up some more of that dreaded paper work.

I thought I had to be in the Independence office next week, well I am heading up there in the morning. It's all good, I get to be home all next week so that's really good. When I told Brandon he was like "Yessss!!!" Like he was going to party or something.

Well, I am doing laundry up tonight and packing, getting ready to leave the first thing in the morning. Would like to clean up my room a little bit too before I leave. Come home to a clean, clean room. Brandon and I keep the house pretty clean so that's all good. I will talk to you guys later.

Didn't have alot of radio stations to pick from so I slipped in my Gregg Allman CD and been listening to some good music!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great pictorial blog Glenda, yhou take such wonderful pics and have such inspiring words to impart, thank you!

    ReplyDelete