My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Remembered Them Tonight!!!

"You can accept or reject the way you are treated by other people, but until you heal the wounds of your past, you will continue to bleed. You can bandage the bleeding with food, with alcohol, with drugs, with work, with cigarettes, with sex, but eventually, it will all ooze through and stain your life. You must find the strength to open the wounds, stick your hands inside, pull out the core of the pain that is holding you in your past, the memories, and make peace with them."

  • "When you see crazy coming, cross the street.
  • "When people show you who they are, believe them."
  • "Your just being here is all the value you ever need."
  • "Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could be any different."
  • "Love people enough to tell them the truth. And respect them enough to know that they can handle it."
  • The Lifeclass series on OWN is amazing, so I have heard!!! I haven't been able to watch it yet but this is something that was on my friends Facebook wall in regards to the series. Wow is all I can say. So many things that I read or hear hits so close to home for me and I try to apply things like this in my life. I don't claim I have all the answers to life but I try to live life by my faith and it has made me so much happier. I can't say that I am entirely happy 100% of the time and if I was you would have me committed but I don't live in my past. There is nothing I can do about it and found that out years ago. It just makes you miserable.

    With that said...

    Behavior is the mirror in which everyone shows their image. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

    Basically, be nice when you say it because the way it is said can make others think you are crazy!!! " But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you." Luke 6:27-31 New International Version Bible

    Today was a fabulous day. We went out to lunch to Marie's, a wonderful Mexican Restaurant downtown Springfield. I have always heard it was good but ooh, lah, lah. It has to be my favorite around. Can't think of any I like better. Then this evening we went to Brahms and had some ice cream. Yeah, going to have to hit the exercise and eating right regime more seriously next week.

    Am going to have to work on Public Speaking skills better. I get so nervous and it shows in my voice. I have been told not to feel the fear of fighting for your life when you get in front of people. Just do conversation style speaking. When I spoke a couple weeks ago and critiqued my plus was that I had a very good conversation style in my speaking. In the past I have checked into Toastmaster's when I worked in the KC area but never joined because I didn't really do that much speaking. Well, I have checked into them down here and plan to join them. Next Monday night is a meeting and I will go. If you don't know what Toastmaster's is, they are a public speaking group that help with making you a stronger speaker. I think I will like it and this next week is going to be busy. I have them on Monday night, Master Gardeners on Tuesday night, Weight Watchers on Wednesday. Want to start going to a bible study on Wednesday night and may try this week, not sure. Busy, busy. It hasn't gotten overwhelming yet but when it does I will cut something out.

    You know they just had a commercial on about values and tells you to go to values.com. I absolutely love those commercials and have checked into the website. Good, good stuff on there.

    Welp heading out of here. Thank you everyone for being my friends. Don't know what I would do without all of you and all the positive comments on here and on Facebook. Talk to you tomorrow.

    1 comment:

    1. All of your blogs are good but...EXCELLENT ONE TONIGHT!

      ReplyDelete