We got the weather today that they were talking about. I woke up this morning, looked out the living room window towards the field behind us and it was beautiful. The snow was falling and everything was a lovely white. Of course it was lovely because I didn't have to get out in it and neither did Terry. As a mom I was concerned about Josh because I knew he would have to be out in it but was hoping he didn't have to drive. He called me today to make sure I didn't have to go back to Springfield today and said that he didn't drive. I was glad. We got out in it this afternoon though and it was a very wet, cold snow and slushy. Suppose to warm up tomorrow though and be pretty much gone.
Terry and I ended up exchanging our Valentine's tonight and I got a chocolate/carmel candy apple from Russell Stovers. It was fantastic or as Terry says, "Outstanding". :o) I also got the cutest little card with a Yorkie on it and he hand wrote after the verse in it "Will you be my Valentine?" It makes me smile when I see it. It's cool. I gave him a card along with earphones for his radio I bought him. I had bought him a radio a couple of weeks ago because he loves to listen to talk radio after his ball games. Whether it be football or baseball. It sits right next to his chair and I have been thinking about getting him some earphones and figured that would be the best VD gift for right now. Especially since he is Type 2 Diabetes and does not need sweets. He loves them, he is sitting over in his recliner right now with his earphones on listening to YouTube songs. LOL. I told him I was getting him set up for the baseball season. He cracks me up!!!
Read some of my bible study today while Terry went to the coffee shop. I go to Columbia tomorrow, spend the night, go to a class and then come home. I plan to catch up on the Book of James then. Today was a really good read though. Basically it was saying be good to the poor and do what you can for them. We will always have the poor around and if you mock them or do them ill health God will condemn you for your actions. I have always tried to give them money when I see them if I have money to give. People tell me that I shouldn't because they are making more money then us. How do you know that??? How do you know that they have tried to find a job but haven't been able to. Are they generational or situational homeless??? Who are you to judge???
Like I said, I am going to Columbia tomorrow. Hope the roads will be good but think they will. It all pays the same and I am one day closer to retirement. :o) It will all be good. We are watching the KU/K State game, well I am Terry is on the comuter. That Jeff Withey from KU must be about 6'5", he's one tall kid. I don't like the way that K State coach was talking to the boys. He was yelling at them in their face. Oh well, that's a mother talking. I never pay much attention through the game to know enough about the players and such. I have a friend that can talk sports better than some men I know. She's impressive. Course she's pretty cool in my book too.
Going to sign off from here guys. I will talk to you later and love you all.
Happy Valentine's Day to you and Terry Glenda...be safe on your Columbia trip!
ReplyDelete