My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Butterflies



<br />


Last night I got home fairly early but was so tired I couldn't write anything if I wanted to. I went to bed by 10pm and this morning when I got up was so tired I didn't want to go to church, but decided that I needed to buck up and go and am so glad I did. It was good. One of our members was in a terrible wreck a couple months ago that left him paralyzed and he was there today. We had a special welcome service for him. He had just gotten out of the rehabilitation center yesterday. He talked about what happened in the wreck and his story of how his faith has grown through all this. It was awesome.

The get together last night was really good too. We had 25 ladies there and the food was fabulous. Stephanie did an awesome job and I have learned some stuff through her teachings. Number one, thickening for sauces and gravies should not be milk and flour or water and flour but roux, which is an equal part of butter and flour cooked on the stove. I can't wait to make a gravy and do this. Also she told us about different gravies and sauces. The one I am going to try next time I have a roast is espano or however you spell it. you puree carrots and such together. i'll have to find out how to spell it and what it consists of before I talk anymore about it but her daughter Ashley said it was fabulous!!! I had such a good time last night. I got to know people that I didnt' know from our church plus some came that I had invited here on Facebook.

Terry got him a computer this weekend, we went to eat at Famous Dave's and we both love the BBQ there. The sweet pickles ROCKED!!! They were a little spicy but alot your bread and butter pickle. Next time I go I am going to get the same thing Terry did because it was fabulous. The burnt ends with the Memphis rub on them. Yum. I love a good rub on ribs!!! Or any BBQ.

Well, I am going to sign off. There are going to be alot of changes at work on the horizon so I will have alot to write about in the next few weeks I am sure. Of course it won't make a drastic change but it will change. Not sure what they are going to be and am sure some will be good and some will be bad. Oh well. You know what they say, "If there were no changes there would be no butterflies."~Walt Disney

Love you guys.

1 comment: