My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Monday, February 6, 2012

Believe



<br />



Today as I was driving down here to Springfield, I wanted to listen to something that was nothing about the negitivity in the world today. Nothing to do with politics, nothing to do with killing, stealing, beating or any of the other sinful natures that the news media seems hard pressed to talk to us about. Friday when I was going home I was trying to find a Christian channel on the radio. My Sirrus radio, I will have to tell you that story later....blond moment there with the radio ordeal. Anyway, my Christian station on Sirrus has either moved is no longer on there and I can't find one. I turned to FM but didn't want to listen to commercials and talk. I wanted to listen to music or nothing so I turned it off and drove in silence. Just me and my thoughts.

Anyway, today as I was driving down here I turned to KLOVE and listened to it and it helped me with my drive. I love to listen to Christian music, it puts me in a good mood and some of the music is fantastic. One of my favorite groups is Third Day. I love that raspy voice of the lead singer, Mac Powell. This is one of my favorite songs of theirs.



Anyway, as I was driving, the DJs were talking about how life is always going to be a trial but the way that you handle the trial is entirely up to you. It is your choice. If you want to wallow in self pity with how terrible you have it or if you want to change it. Made me think about my life in the past and I am so guilty of wallowing in self pity but refuse to do so anymore. My attitude is up to me, not my situation!!! When you let the situation govern your attitude and the way you handle something, you are sitting yourself up for failure. Call upon God, He loves you and wants you to be successful in your walk with Him. Yesterday I posted something on Facebook that was on a friends wall, I loved it so much and am going to try and live by it.
"On this day, God wants you to know... that prayer is not a ritualized mumbling of words but a song of thanksgiving or a dance of praise; it is anguished cries or pleas from a yearning heart. If your prayer has no emotion, it has no power. God wants to know how you feel. God wants to hear what's in your heart!!!" All I can say is AMEN!!!

I talked to an old classmate tonight via e-mail and he told me that the women in his church have just started a women's Bible study on Tuesday nights. It's the new Beth Moore study of the book of James. I'm going to start going tomorrow night, and am excited. Billy Joe (now he goes as Bill but he will always be Billy Joe to me) is a preacher in the church and is an awesome young man. He lived across the creek from us in the country growing up and then he moved into town with his parents. We would play as children and he was honery as all get out. He is an awesome person and I am excited to reunite with him and his wife now that I am down here. She is a special lady in his life and can tell I already love her as much as I do him!!! Anyway I am looking forward to the study.

I was getting my bible Sunday to take to church because I have my study bible down here. As I was pulling out the bulletins I saw where we had a sutdy on John 3:16. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. Come to me and I will make you fishers of men. What we need to know to be a good christian is that God loved the world, He gave His son for us. All we need to do is believe and trust in him and we will recieve eternal life. His free gift to us. That's pretty cool, isn't it??? That is what we need to do to have eternal life.

Then before leaving church yesterday there were pages on the table for bible study. Lead as Jesus Led. Week one is Influence. The Memory Verse is 2 Timothy 2:2. Read it, Think it, Pray it, Live it. It speaks of leading. Interesting. One point it makes is a leader is not so much the kind of person who has a particular kind of postion as it is a kind person who has a particular kind of dispostion. Awesome.

I'm heading out guys and will write more tomorrow. I love you all and hope you love me as much as I love you!!! Good night. Blessed Assurance is another of my favorite songs and Third Day does it justice.





1 comment:

  1. Wonderful and inspiring blog tonight Glenda...I have a lot of old religious hymns that I dearly love...not so much into Christian rock though...anyway, thank you! Have a great day tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete