My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Saturday, February 18, 2012



<br />


As I have been sitting here watching Whitney Houston's funeral I was like, why such publicity. Of course we are hungry to watch the rich and famous. If it is through their struggles or through their happiness, we are there "belly up to the bar." There is alot of negitivity speaking in the public about the way the news media has been covering and I was getting a little discourgaed too until a true friend and my favorite Christian singer brought the prespective to my level. "I think those who have only negative to say about Whitney seem to forget that we ALL have a past.... and we all have a future..... Her past was just aired for the entire to world to see and judge." I am like, so true. I have struggled with the same demons that Whitney has struggled with but I was able to break away because of the love of my family, friends and God. Do I still deal with these demons, hell yeah!!! Do I let them take me down, I have before and not that long ago. When your life is going crazy that is when they come around and suck you under but then God brings someone in your life to help you deal with them. Do I pray dailey that God gives me the wisdom and strength to stay away from the demons, let's hear another hell yeah!!! My friend then posted on her Facebook wall as I did too and I am going to use as my statement for the rest of my life

"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."

"Everyone may not be good, but there’s always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else's eyes. If you find it necessary to judge me by my past, don't be surprised when I find it necessary to put you there." ...taken from Positive Inspirational Quotes

We are human everyone. Don't be so heavenly good you are no earthly account!!!

Mandisa then posted something on her wall that truly touched me too. "On my tour bus w/ my band in Omaha watching Whitney Houston's funeral on CNN.

Will you join me in praying for the millions of people watching Whitney's funeral? Many words will be said & songs will be sung w/ the promise & hope of eternal life in Jesus. May our Father prick their hearts & draw them to Him.

"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13 NIV)"

This message that is being sent throughout the world is touching so many right now and bringing some closer to the Lord. There is hope out there for whatever your demons are.

Getting ready for lunch tomorrow. My Great Nephew, David Carver or as I call him David Lee. Love that boy, but anyway him, his daughter and a special friend of his are coming by tomorrow to have Sunday dinner with us. We are having taco's and enchilada's and I will be making a homemade Chocolate Cream Pie for him since I am thinking it is one of his favorites. If not then it is going to end up the joke of the Pistasico (Watergate) Salad we have every Christmas because his Grandma thinks it's his favorite and he hates it!!! LOL. Of course his Grandma is my sister and you know the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. I am looking forward to meeting this new addition into his life. David, along with all my great nieces and nephew, hold a special place in my heart. I love all them with my heart. Especially Christie and Pat's children because they were around my entire life. My nephew Paul, his children weren't as much a part of our life growing up as the others were. Matt, Sarah and Seth did live across the driveway from my mom and Josh is really close to them because they are his age. My family is a little crazy when it comes to the family tier. Oh well, we're all good though.

Josh came up today and picked up his guitar out of the back of my car. Him and I had ran up to Guitar Center in Independence to see if they could put his strings on. It was going to take a couple of days so he decided to have the older gentleman in Holden do it for him. He picked up a Gibson and started playing it at the store. It was a $2500 piece and I couldn't believe the sound. It was beautiful. I am niave on guitars and figured a guitar was a guitar. Nope, just like piano's. No two are the same. I love going into their piano/keyboard room and play them. I also go in and mess with the synthesisers and all. Makes me think I'm a rockstar!!! LOL. The room where the drums are is extremely impressive too. It's a neat store. Springfield has one too and one of these days I am going to go over there to them. Haven't yet because I always wish I had so many different items. Oh well.

When Josh came over he brought his buddy Justin Courtney. I love that kid, he grew up with us just like Josh's other buddy Trevor. They all were in daycare together when they were little bitty guys and then went to school together. Justin is a tad bit honery but he cracks me up. He is so funny but of course they all are in their own little way. Justin's mom Lisa brought all three of the boys up to the hospital to see Josh when he was in the bus wreck his Junior year. I always liked his mom too. Anyway, it was good seeing him today.

Went to the grocery store today to get stuff for lunch tomorrow and of course the grocery store was busy. We only have two in Harrisonville and I refuse to go to the super Wal-Mart. That place is always nuts. Anyway I have a list of all the stuff I want to get and I pass this man and his wife. Probably in their 40's and he is yelling at her to where everyone else can hear. Making himself look like a doofus but you can tell by the way he is talking he is pretty full of himself. He was like, NO that isn't the way you figure that out....blah, blah, blah. Anyway I move on out of that department to get away from that and when I enter into the meat department I speak to a lady that was looking at fish. I was telling her I really like Swai, and it is really good baked with butter and seasoning. We spoke and then moved on our merry little way. She was a nice lady, looked to be in her 60's or so and you could tell had a hard life. Either bar or just life in general. Anyway, I am moving on and she is in the juice aisle and I hear this doofus talking to her going "Can I help you reach anything lady???" She was like, no. He has a real smug on his face like he's something else and goes back to where his wife and son were. I'm like, I know God has made everyone differently but seriously??? What was the lesson to see that jerk today demean his wife and probably embarass their son and her too. Or maybe not, they may be so use to that that they thought nothing of it. Brought back a memory of when Josh was a little guy and we were somewhere, either Dr's office or store and there was this lady yelling at her children. Josh was watching it and leaned over kissed me and I said "I love you mama". Then he told me he was glad I didn't talk like that to him in public. Never for anyone to hear but I would lean over to that little ear and whisper. Or pinch those little cheeks together and pull him close to my face so he could hear me. LOL. He was a handful.

Been updating all day as happenings happen. Just finished two pies, one fresh strawberry and the other homemade chocolate cream. Terry has been checking in on me all evening. LOL. I fixed supper too and am tired so am going to sign off. Going to church tomorrow and then lunch. Will update all tomorrow. Love you guys and remember....very saint has a past and every sinner has a future. If you need a church home hit me up, I've got an awesome one!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like your new statement, and it is so fitting...so very sad abt Whitney, but she was human and we did not walk in her shoes....sad...

    ReplyDelete