Was in Jefferson City today all day for meetings. We found out who our Bureau Chief is and I am really happy. He is a past co-worker of ours and he will be a refreshing change that we desperately need. He use to do field work the same as I what I have been doing and then he moved on and became a Health Educator, educating health care providers. Very smart, very professional and as I said, something that we have been needing in that position.
Our meeting today made me think in a different avenue in my job. What do we need to make our jobs easier. What kind of training would we like to see to give us other skills that would make us marketable and able to advance within our Bureau. There were seven of us meeting today, all at the same grade level, and we came up with some pretty good ideas but then again it made me think. What has happened to my drive??? I use to take any training to help me with my job skills I could and have lost that drive. When it is something for myself, I am all over it. I'm switching gears this year and looking at learning more things to make an investment into my career. I have 16 years, which isn't alot compared to some out there, but is the longest I have ever worked in one job, and it is time to learn more. I am now in a relationship where my husband is proud of me and proud of what I do in the Public Health field. Something I haven't had in like forever. Anyway, I'll try and keep you guys posted on stuff.
Today was a beautiful day but guess we are to be getting some rain tomorrow. That is okay because I have a ton load of office work to do. That dreaded paperwork, that stuff that I love to procrastinate but it bites me in the butt when I do. Oh well, that's the way it is.
Going to sign off. As always it is late and I wait until almost bedtime to write this stuff. Talk to you guys later.
Love you guys.
Sounds like the changes you are encountering are at least ones you so far like and that is great! Hope all works out well with the work politics, know how that can be esp. in health care...pkf
ReplyDelete