My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Faith



<br />


You know, with these last few days of my life there has been those that will no longer be here. Last night a young couple, she was 26, he was 32 were riding their motorcycle down 2 highway outside of Harrisonville. It is a very hilly road and there is no shoulder on either side. There is a hill that has been named "Thrill Hill" where if you go fast over the hill it will tickle your tummy. When Josh was a little boy he use to love going over it where it would tickle his tummy. You cannot see anyone from either side of the hill and this young couple was passing a pickup at the crest of the hill. Not seeing the Chevy Suburban coming straight to them, they hit her head on. Killing them and she is in serious condition as she swerved and hit a utility pole. The gentleman that they were passing was not injured, or anyway that is what the MO Highway Patrol accident report said. The young lady that was killed has a little boy that is probably around 2 years old. His grandpa and grandma are good friends of Terry's. They are not the parents of they young lady but of the little boy's daddy. He will be well loved and taking care of because his grandparents and Aunts are good people and loving, caring people but that little boy will never know his mama. I didn't know the young man's parents that well but had seen them around. They are good people too. The young lady was not from this area but lots of people knew her and I met her last summer at a birthday party. I am so sad for the families involved and it has brought me to realizing how important life is.

Terry's cousin's husband passed away at 59 years old. I took some time off so I could go to the funeral. The preacher did an excellent job of the services. He was the nephew of the deceased and made some wonderful comments during his service. I guess it is because of all that has happened that I am very melancholy tonight.

I studied my lesson tonight and it is on James 2:20-26. Faith without works is useless. James brings Abraham and Rahab in on this part of his book as two that if it had not been their faith and their works would we have had the lineage of Jesus come out as it did??? With Rahab, the prostitute that took the spies in and sent them a different direction out of harm's way shows you that God can change what people do. He can change behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done the same old thing for years...and then she did something new. She believed God and acted on it. I read this and realized, there is hope and it is okay. FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS USELESS.

A little bit that cracked me up that Beth Moore wrote is "The actual Greek word translated "prostitute" is porne. Rahab could have been the porn star of Jericho, and God still called her to faith." Wow.

Well, I feel a little better after typing this then I did when I started. I had such a heavy heart. As I start this Women's Ministry in our church I ask that you pray that I have the wisdom and knowledge to listen to God and be able to put the enthusiasm into these women's hearts as He has placed in my heart. We have our first meeting Saturday night and there is probably going to be around 30 there. WOW. We have a member that is going to cook for us and teach us how to do Chicken Alfredo and give us the recipe. I can't remember if I told you guys that in the past or not. Anyway I am so excited. I love my church. Anyone that needs a church home, I've said it once and I'll say it again. Let me know because you are more than welcome to come with me.

Love you guys and talk to you later.

1 comment: