My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Hope this one posts!!!



<br />

The evening is slowly coming to an end. I have to admit, I had a very nice holiday. Josh came back over last night after being at his Grandma's for their supper. Brandon came back with the movie "Badder Santa", we decided to play games and then watch the movie. We played "the game of things" first but not without some adult beverages. I had gin and tonic and Terry and Josh drank beer. Brandon said he was going to be the Designated Scorekeeper and didn't partake. We were hilarious and laughed so hard at some of our answers. Then the Rummy shakedown began. Brandon won, guess we shouldn't have partaked in the adult beverages, maybe then we'd won. Hmmm, wondering if that was his strategy all along???

Then when we finished, I had one to many gin and tonics and went to bed missing the movie Badder Santa and never made it outside to hear the silence. Maybe I should have done what my friends John and Paula did, listen to Michael Buble's Silent Night and made that count as so. LOL. I slept like a baby until 6am, that was when the texts started rolling in, my friends that are on crack started texting me Merry Christmas. Seriously, they don't even have little one's waking them up early for Santa or anything. Crack heads. So I stumble out of bed and start cooking the perverbial Christmas breakfast finally at 8am.

All excited about trying out this new cinnamon roll recipe my niece Renada told me about. She said to put the rhodes frozen dough in a bundt pan the night before and on top of it put a cup of pecans, dry butterscotch pudding mix, melted together butter and cup of brown sugar. She said let it raise over night and that it would be all over the place but push it back in the pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350. Granted, I had a bag of Texas Dinner Rolls by Rhodes left over from Thanksgiving so instead of buying the other kind I used these. WRONG!!! When I woke up the kitchen looked like some one had shot the pillsbury dough boy. There was a mess everywhere on the counter so I start pushing and proding the dough back in and finally get it all in the pan. I'm like okay, 30 minutes. I start smelling something and crap is falling into the bottom of the oven and the dough is coming over the pan again. CRAP!!! So I put a pizza pan under the pan and try it a little longer. I've got like 10 minutes left in time. Still smelling heavy smoke I pull the dough mess out of the oven. The top part is done but the rest is raw. I turn the pan over in a cookie sheet and proceed to fix breakfast. I put the biscuits in the oven and put the doughy cinnamon rolls back in and then it happened. The bottom of the oven caught on fire. I threw salt in there to put it out and salt went all over the biscuits. While I am doing all this I am also trying to make sausage gravy and it was sticking to the pan and soupy enough we could of had a glass of milk out of it. Anyway, I get the fire out and hollar at Terry to help me. He is stirring the gravy and I am thickening it up, all the time keeping a smoky tear soaked eye on the oven. Didn't get the breakfast casserole done enough, the biscuits were smoky tasting, the gravy and bacon was awesome, and the cinnamon rolls finally got done and were really good but looked like Josh had ran over them with his truck.

After all that, note to self!!! Don't drink the night before and think you are going to be Paula Deen in the kitchen the next morning. It doesn't work. The guys all ate it and loved it (so they said) but after the guys left for the day and I got the dishes in the dishwasher with all the burnt pans soaking Terry decided I needed to get out of the house for a while so we went on a ride to see what all was open and what was closed for the holiday. Stopped at Quik Trip to get something to drink and they were out of unsweet tea so I got some of their Unsweet Pineapple Mango Green Tea and it really was good. After we got home I told Terry I was going to take a nap and would get up to finish the kitchen and Lamar and I went in to pass out. When I got up Terry had cleaned my kitchen for me and put all the dishes away. He is so awesome to me.

OH, the kicker I forgot to tell you guys about. While I was cleaning the kitchen up I thought, self cleaning oven~I will put it over on clean and it should be okay in a few hours. Then I started smelling it again.....FIRE!!! The bottom of the oven was on fire again so decided to just wait and get the piles of brown sugar, butter and butterscotch pudding out of the bottom of the oven before I clean it again. That is going to be a tomorrow project. Whew. I'm exhausted. LOL.

I still had a wonderful Christmas and don't regret any of it. The four of us had a blast last night though and that is all that matters in my book. The day was beautiful and while we were driving around lots of people were walking their pets. We should have been walking too but I was to tired after the trauma I had over the breakfast. LOL..

Well, going to go. Can't believe it is past 10 and I am still tired after my wonderful nap. Talk to you tomorrow!!!



1 comment:

  1. Did you get the license plate number of that drive shooting of the pillsbury dough boy? How horrible! LOL I think you hit the nail on the head. Shouldn't drink before cooking! LMAO

    ReplyDelete