Well, got a few more presents bought tonight. Going to pick up a couple more tomorrow and should be about done. If I would quit seeing cute things to buy Miss Madison. I had to step away from the store at one point tonight. I just love buying for a little girl. Never had that opportunity and she is a girly girl too, which makes it alot of fun. A girly girl with a spot of orneriness in her adds to the joy. I wish we could see her more than we do but when she is back here, her daddy wants her all the time. Which I totally don't blame him one bit and he does bring her by so we can see her which I am glad. Plus she gets to go to church with me too sometimes, which is nice. Probably not quite as much now since dad has moved to Adrian MO and not close to us in Harrisonville but I bet things could be figured out if needed.
Been figuring up my menu for Christmas and around the holidays. Tradition is so much fun and am going to do a little different twist on things. I'll have to post it after Christmas to let you know how it went but I am thinking it will go fantastic. Josh and I started something that isn't quite as traditional but once I've started talking about it lots of people do it. So there ya go, guess we are part of the norm. Brandon is pulled in so many different directions during this time of the year that I have to fit things together to where he will be able to spend time with us. It's been Josh and I for a while now and it hasn't been that big of a deal. I'm glad though, I love it. And that is all that matters. As long as mama's happy, everyone is happy. :o)
Can I say wow??? If not, I just did!!! I got to hear the Michael Buble Christmas CD in it's entirety. As I have said before, I love the big band swing music and he has it down pat. He is a very talented young man and not to shabby to look at. LOL. I'm one of those that grew up with that type of music so I truly appreciate it. I told Josh if he was wondering what to get me he could get me that CD or Adele's. I love her music also. Of course there are alot of music I love.
With all that Christmas hoopla said, I do have to admit that I will be glad when it's all over. It is always such a let down too because everything is so maxed out on TV, on the radio and on people's houses that after the big day it's like, what next??? Of course Terry and I have our one year anniversary on the 30th. Not sure what we are going to do to celebrate but whatever it is it will be fine. I will have to work on the day but maybe that weekend we will do something. Who knows what. I am going to better plan next year when this time of the year comes around. Of course I say that every year at this time. I have high expectations and then badda bing, badda boom. I haven't done a single thing until a week or two before Christmas. Oh well, life goes on.
Before I sign off and totally forget it, I want to repost something I posted on Facebook tonight.
"As I make my travels along the byways and highways of the Southwestern portion of our beautiful state, I get the pleasure of finding some of the coolest shops. Mom and Pop, made in the USA type of shops. There is a coffee shop in Mt. Vernon that is the coolest. The name of the shop is Keen Bean. My co-workers and I were heading down I-44 toward Joplin and decided to stop in. When I walked through the door I was like, oh yeah they have a website. I picked up one of their coffee cups and also a card so I would remember to look up their website. I challenge you to check them out and if you are down around their shop, stop in. It has some awesome things in it."
If you click Keen Bean it will take you straight to their website. They are a really, really neat little Mom and Pop place.
Well, I'm going to sign off. I want to keep this from being to long and boring. Which is a little hard for me sometimes because I have a tendency to get wordy. Talk to you guys later.
Cool shop and great scenes evoked of shopping!
ReplyDeleteI got Adele 21 for my birthday and it is EXCELLENT! I have listened to it all the way through 3 times now and it gets better each time.
ReplyDelete