Today I read something that said, you are not a failure if you have friends and I thought to myself. How true is that. I wish people were more apt to realize that and maybe there wouldn't be so much sorrow, loneliness and hate. Times in my life I should have realized that. Some good food for thought there.
Man, today was a little different. It has been crazy this week. Maybe because Christmas is coming or maybe because the end of the year or maybe there is a full or new moon coming up.....but it has been bizarre to say the least. For instance, today I talked to someone that the description sounded like it was Santa Claus and by golly, he could have been Santa Claus or one of his elves. A very nice man and very educated, I truly enjoyed talking with him. I really appreciate hearing other's opinions on topic's as long as they don't try to make me feel inadequate because I won't follow their lead. As mom would always say, "That's one man's opinion!!"
Then I went to talk to someone that is very sick and in the hospital. He was working on his menu for the next day's lunch and writing away while he was talking to me. While I was there the dietician came in and he was madder than a wet hen that they didn't bring him ketchup for his french fries. He goes, no tomatoes does not mean no ketchup. It means I don't want anything at all with the texture of a tomato, no seeds, no mealy stuff, no tomato period but I do want ketchup. Then he went into another explanation that no apples means no raw apples but he likes applesauce, apple juice.....blah, blah, blah. You get the drift.
Before the dietician had came in he was telling me that he had won Miss America one year. Yes he is a Drag Queen and was not to happy to come back to MO but realized for right now he needs his family. He is very, very sick right now.
Sometimes I look at these people and I listen to there story and it makes me wonder. What has transpired in your life to bring you where you are in your journey? And then I think about my own life and wonder what transpired me to do what I have done in my life. I really don't have an explanation and truly don't have a clue. I think alot of it was that I was a victim of circumstances and it just happened. There is a reason I do the things I do and say the things I say and act the way I act but I really don't have an explanation for it all!!!
Wish I had the answers but I don't. I can't believe that God hates these people just like I can't believe God hates me. I am not a bible thumper and never will be. I won't judge people for their actions and never will. Everyone has a story and they are the only ones that know if it is true or not. Along with God and that is between them. Do I think it is right some of the choices people make in their life, no. Sometimes my choices aren't right.
Anyway, one of my favorite quotes is:
“I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.”
― Eminem
All I can say is Amen!!! I agree so much. I have another one of my favorite quotes in my office. It is by Nelson mandela and the gentleman that I visited with today commented on it and how true it is. I told him that it is on the end of all my presentation slides I do at schools and to the nurses. It goes as follows:
"Education is the most powerful tool you can use to change the world." This is so true in so many ways.
Something else I want to bring up tonight before I sign off is all these people within the United States doing so much good right now. No matter if it is the individual that dropped the $2000 diamond into the Salvation Army kettle and or the one's that are going around KMart's and paying off lay a way's and then this morning I heard of an individual that went into McDonald's and bought $500 worth of gift certificates and told them to give them to someone that needs them. McDonald's matched this man's contribution and gave the coupons to a homeless shelter. Is that not AWESOME!!! There are alot of good people out there. Step away from your televisions and take a look around. Stop listening to the negitivity that the news media harps on day in and day out. 9 times out of 10 their information is wrong anyway. Do one thing a week that brings joy to your heart and then step it up some. I wish I could do so much more than what I do, but it sure makes me feel good when I do something that brings joy to my heart.
I love you guys and will talk to you tomorrow!!!
I love seeing those stories of kindness also. While I don't have the means to do the enormous amounts like that, I do try to hand between a dollar to five dollars to the homeless that panhandle at the stoplights by my work. I see them going back into the woods to their little "shelters."
ReplyDeleteWell isn't it funny that great minds think a like! I love your post tonight and it sums up so much of what I too believe. I am not God, nor would I want to be. I say leave the judging to Him and I am happy that it is not my responsibility. It is hard enough taking accountability for my own life...and Eminem does talk some straight stuff...Merry Christmas Glenda!!!
ReplyDelete